New E-List

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2001
      Sorry for reduplications.

      This email is to announce the creation of an email list and web site
      devoted to the gospel of Matthew and the history of interpretation of
      that gospel.

      As I conceived it, the project has two parts. There is a discussion
      list at www.yahoogroups.com/group/ematthew or simply send an email to
      this address: ematthew-subscribe@yahoogroups.com The discussion list
      is
      moderated: Sean Kealy, Jim Bacon, and I are currently the moderators,
      although I'm hoping to establish more Mattheans on the moderator list
      in
      the future. As staff, Jeffrey Gibson, Stephen Carlson, and Tom
      Kopecek
      have signed on. I do not wish to take away subscribers or interest in
      Synoptic-L and other lists, but rather to encourage interest in
      Matthew,
      in the history of exegesis, and related issues that we've been unable
      discuss on these lists.

      The second part of the project is the web page. Jim Bacon of the
      Jesus
      Archive has kindly agreed to host the page. Currently, orher than the
      main page, I have a page of links. I'm currently working on several
      projects between other projects that will go onto the site, including
      all the "Sub-Apostolic" allusions and citations, a discussion on date,
      and translations of Jerome's commentary on Matthew, and the Glossa
      Ordinaria.

      The difficulty with the web page is that of course I'm doing things
      out
      of love, this isn't my principle field any longer, plus
      teaching, plus my own researches etc. BUT, things will be added to
      the
      web site over time and will be announced.

      Please forward this announcement to other lists and other folks you
      may
      think would be interested. The following are lists that I will send
      to: Synoptic-L, Kata Markon, Corpus Paul, B-Greek, B-Hebrew,
      HebrewGospelofMatthew, Early Medieval Ireland, Early Medieval Forum,
      Medieval-Religion, Medieval-l, Medtextl,
      SSBMA, Lt-Antiquity.

      Thank you all,

      Larry Swain