Help

  • wcmills@advinc.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2001
      >Sorry to change the topics. I need some help from some "seasoned" teachers out
      there. I will be teaching an undergraduate course on Johannine Literature in
      the Fall 2002. As part of the course I also want to include John's Gospel and
      media (slides and film) as part of the course. However, this is a new area for
      me and I'm not sure where to begin to look for materials to include as far as
      the media is concerned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thank you.

      Prof. Mills
      UNC-Charlotte, NC
      | WebMail & Local Internet services from Advantech |
      | |
      | 60 Welcher Ave. |
      | Peekskill, NY 10566 |
      | WEB: http://www.pcrealm.net |
      | EMail: info@... |
      | TEL: (914) 736-7300 FAX: (914) 736-7024 |
    • Pete Phillips
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2001
        There are some good websites offering media related to John and some good
        tips...notably Felix's own page:
        http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/Art.html

        Pete Phillips
        Senior Tutor
        Cliff College, Calver,
        Sheffield, UK
        Tel: +44 1246 582321 x122
        Fax: +44 1246 583739
        http://www.cliffcollege.org

        >Sorry to change the topics. I need some help from some "seasoned" teachers
        out
        there. I will be teaching an undergraduate course on Johannine Literature in
        the Fall 2002. As part of the course I also want to include John's Gospel
        and
        media (slides and film) as part of the course. However, this is a new area
        for
        me and I'm not sure where to begin to look for materials to include as far
        as
        the media is concerned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thank you.

        Prof. Mills
        UNC-Charlotte, NC
        | WebMail & Local Internet services from Advantech |
        | |
        | 60 Welcher Ave. |
        | Peekskill, NY 10566 |
        | WEB: http://www.pcrealm.net |
        | EMail: info@... |
        | TEL: (914) 736-7300 FAX: (914) 736-7024 |
      • Staley, Jeffrey
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2001
          >Sorry to change the topics. I need some help from some "seasoned"
          teachers out
          there. I will be teaching an undergraduate course on Johannine
          Literature in
          the Fall 2002. As part of the course I also want to include John's
          Gospel and
          media (slides and film) as part of the course.

          For "slides" look at Felix Just's collection of art on FG on his Johannine
          Lit. webpage. For films, I like "Last Temptation of Christ." Controversial
          for many, but has a "high" christology, a number of Johannine scenes. Jim
          Carey's film "Liar Liar" for the Woman caught in Adultery; "Cocoon" for John
          5 and "realized eschatology."

          Jeff Staley