[John_Lit] Re: Signs Source? A web-site.

  • Frances Duyndam
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 1999
      I'll reiterate Frank's views on our Distance site and welcome comments you
      may have. I have taught this material at undergraduate level face to face
      and have had a few students take it via distance mode. The reports have
      been very favourable and I think Yuri has done a great job with the
      graphics.
      I have tried to set up an e-mail discussion group for another biblical unit
      but have found our Aussie students quite reticent with using this media so
      far. Some have not even joined the group! What's it like in other
      coutries? Are you students using the web and emailmore readily?

      Dr.Mary Coloe pbvm
      School of Theology
      Australian Catholic University
      P.O. Box 213.
      Oakleigh. VIC 3166.
      mcoloe@... (home) or
      M.Coloe@...
    • David Rensberger
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 1999
        Mary,

        As to use of the Web and e-mail, it is beginning to catch on among
        theological students in the U.S., but there are very few courses
        actually being taught over the Internet. You might find some
        interesting information at http://www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu This is
        a site sponsored by Wabash College in Indiana, in connection with their
        Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion. In fact, if
        you would e-mail the URL of your course to Raymond Williams, the
        director of the Center (WilliamR@...), I think he'd be interested
        in it.

        ITC, where I teach, is benefiting from a grant program from the Lilly
        Endowment, with the assistance of the Wabash Center, for improving use
        of information technology in theological teaching in North American
        seminaries. This program focuses on classroom teaching, not on distance
        learning or courses on the Web; but inevitably there is spillover from
        one to the other in the use of the technology.

        David
        --
        David Rensberger, Professor of New Testament
        Interdenominational Theological Center