last round up for E-Lister's meeting at SBL

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15 5:57 PM
      Here is the "last round up" of people who have e-mailed me to say that
      they will be at SBL/attending the E-Listers' gathering at the Gramcord
      booth on Saturday morning in the exhibitor's hall at 11am.

      If you have not e-mailed me about your intentions to come to SBL/the
      E-Listers' meeting, come along anyway on Saturday morning and introduce
      I look forward to seeing you all there.

      Jeffrey Gibson

      1. Randal Buth

      presenting a paper at Historical Jesus, Mon afternoon and also at

      2. Andrew Porter

      3. Cindy Westfall

      presenting a paper in the Biblical Greek Language and Linguistics
      Section on Tuesday at 9:00 am-11:30.

      4. Rod Decker

      Mon, 9 AM session of Bib Gk Lang & Linguistics (2d paper): Adapting
      Technology to Teach Koine Greek.

      5. Jonathan Robie

      6. Steven Gunderson

      giving a paper at the Biblical Greek Language & Linguistice Section,
      Use of Discourse Analysis in Character Studies: Nicodemus and the
      Woman at
      the Well'.

      7. Susan Jeffers

      Corpus Paulinum

      1. Edgar Krentz

      2. Sheila McGinn

      3. Jeffrey Gibson

      a paper on Mk 3:22 in the Mark Group on Monday morning and one on
      morning on Mk. 3:1-6 in the Synoptic Gospels section

      4. Graydon F. Snyder

      5. Dale Walker

      6. Christopher R. Hutson

      7. Stephen Finlan

      8. Eli Elliot

      S17-23 -- Saturday, 4:00-6:30pm -- Greco-Roman Religions Section,
      C3 --
      Room C112

      "The Divine 'Zap': The Anatolian Divine Judicial System and the
      Meaning of
      EPIZHTEW in the
      Confession Inscriptions."

      S20-12 -- Tuesday, 9:00-11:30am -- Paul and Politics Group, C3 --
      Room A110

      "Ritual Birth by Ritual Flesh: Galatians 3:1-5 and the Galli of the
      Mother of the

      9. Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte

      10. William S. Campbell

      a paper on how recent Pauline interpretation illuminates ancient
      Jewish-Christian relations.

      11. Mark Nanos

      a paper in the Paul and Politics Group. Session (S20-12) is Tues
      9-11:30am, in C3-Room A110, and my paper is "The Local Context of
      Galatians: Toward Resolving a Catch-22."

      12. Ray Pickett

      a paper in the Paul and Politics session on Tuesday entitled: "The
      Reception of
      the Gospel in Galatia: Pauline Christianity in its Pagan

      13. Eugene Han

      14. Matt Churchill,

      15. Tim M. Sigler

      presenting a paper (b2: S19-13, "Targumic Toponyms in the Song of

      16. Ian Rock

      17. John Fotopoulos

      Kata Markon

      1. David Watson

      2. Jesper Svartvik

      a paper on Mark 7:1-23/Matt 15.1-1-20 at the Historical Jesus
      Session on
      Monday at 1.00 p.m.

      1. David Suter

      presenting in the Pseudepigrapha Group at 1:00 on Saturday, November
      as a part of the review of George Nickelsburg's commentary on 1

      2. Naama Zahavi-Ely

      a paper "Turn Right or Left: Creative use of Dialect in 2 Samuel
      14:19", on
      Tuesday morning at session S20-10A (the 9-11:30 session).

      1. Mark Goodacre

      Historical Jesus section: "Prophecy Historicized or History
      Reflections on the Origin of the Crucifixion Narrative"

      Computer Related Research Section: "The New Testament Gateway:
      Retrospect and Prospect".

      2. Stephen Carlson

      3. David Barrett Peabody

      4. Tom Longstaff

      5. Bill Skelton

      6. Jeff Peterson

      7. Mark Matson

      a paper at the joint Johannine Lit / Synoptic Gospel section on
      "Intertextuality and
      the relationship of John and the Synoptics." Also I will be giving
      an address Mon.
      morning at the Restoration Quarterly breakfast

      8. Zeba Crook

      T-C List

      1. Dave Washburn

      2. Hong Bom Kim

      paper at the sections of lexicography and social scientific

      3. Amy S. Anderson

      4. James Adair

      5. Tim Finney

      6. John Gram

      1. Jim Miller

      presenting a paper in the AAR, "The Necessary Evil", comparing
      and Reformation attitudes on sexuality with Neoplatonic antecedents,
      showing some modern outcomes of these traditions. The paper will be
      A 66, Gay Men's Issues in Religion Group, Saturday, 5:00 PM.

      2. Gordon Raynal

      3. Sakari Häkkinen

      a paper there on the Gospel of Ebionites, the section # is S 17-18
      and it will
      begin at 4 PM on Saturday 17th.

      4. Henry Carrigan

      contributing to a Sunday afternoon (4:30-6:00) panel on "Who Says My
      Isn't Practical?: Careers in Religion Publishing and Writing."

      5. Rikki Watts

      paper in the Jesus’ section on Monday: Jesus the Mighty Deeds of
      Coherence and Interiority.

      6. Bob Schacht

      8. Gail Dawson

      9. Bill Arnal

      10. Brian McCarthy

      "The Characterization of God [YHWH, the God worshipped by Israel] in
      Exodus 1
      - 15" in Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures, Saturday 1 - 3:30 pm.

      Biblical Studies:

      1. Brian Tucker

      2. Gail Dawson

      3. Liz Fried