Off-list Re: another lost Gospel

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2001
      On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:02:04 +0200, johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > John N. Lupia wrote:
      > > The 2nd cent. Gospel of Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate)
      >
      > How did you arrive at this date? Everything I have read about it suggest
      something in the
      > 4th CE. You eventually mean that some central ideas of it are that early?
      >

      > > The Diatessaron of Tatian might be identical with the Gospel of
      > > Nicodemus (Acts of Pilate)
      >
      > :-) Are we talking about the same things here?
      >
      > Best wishes
      > Wieland
      > <><
      Dear Wieland:

      How are you? Did you get my email with the reference to W. Barnes Tatum,
      "Jesus at the Movies" ?

      Regarding your current question: St. Justin Martyr and Tertullian cite from
      the Gospel of Nicodemus or the Acta Pilati; cf. George J. Reid, "Acta
      Pilati" in The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume I (1907)

      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01111b.htm

      Cordially,
      john
      <><

      John N. Lupia
      501 North Avenue B-1
      Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208-1731 USA
      JLupia2@...
      "during this important time, as the eve of the new millennium approaches . .
      . unity among all Christians of the various confessions will increase until
      they reach full communion." John Paul II, Tertio Millennio Adveniente, 16

      Send a cool gift with your E-Card
      http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/