[John_Lit] The gloss hypothesis

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 1999
      After reading a lot about johannine sources recently I came across a (to
      me) new approach today.
      I will call it the gloss hypothesis, because it basically states that
      almost one half of GJo were glosses in the beginning (notes in the
      margin).
      It is a German book:
      Hans G. Kieschke
      "Rekonstruktion des Ev. nach St. Johannes."
      R.G. Fischer Verlag, 1995
      He rebuilds the Gospel into Glosses and main text.
      Unfortunately I had to leave the library early today, so I can't tell
      you much more atm., but I find this hypothesis very creative and his
      reconstructions look at least "interesting". I will write more about it
      when I have read more...
      Has anybody heard about this before?

      Best wishes
      Wieland