[John_Lit] Re: three days

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 1999
      I see that one can think of many theological reasons for using a "three
      days" phrase, of course. But what I want to know is: Is this not meant at
      least on one level historical? That John is talking here about something
      that happened day after day?
      If yes, then I have problems with the logic:
      1. The Cana wedding is NOT on the third day but on the fourth.
      2. After three days Jesus has to travel to Galilee which needs 3 other days.

      How would a 1st CE christian understand these verses? Would he have any
      problems with the counting of the days here? If not, how do I have to
      understand this?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><