FW: Do not open "New Pictures of Family" It's a virus.

  • Moloney, Francis J.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2001
      From: Harrell, Joy P.
      Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 9:12 AM
      To: 'rblayl4626@...'
      Cc: Moloney, Francis J.; 'poopieduck@...'
      Subject: FW: Do not open "New Pictures of Family" It's a virus.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Gignac, Francis T.
      Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 10:01 PM
      To: Harrell, Joy P.; Joy P. Harrell (E-mail 2)

      > DO NOT OPEN "NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY" It is a virus that will erase
      > your whole "C" drive. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail
      from a

      > familiar person. I repeat a friend sent it to me, but called & warned
      me
      > before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start
      his
      > computer!
      >
      > Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather
      > receive this 25 times than not at all.
      >
      > Also: Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was
      > discovered recently. If you receive an email called "FAMILY PICTURES"
      > do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic
      > link libraries (.dll files) from your computer. Your computer will not
      be
      > able to boot up

      You have been warned!!

      Darren Clark
      Director Of System Technology
      Palace Hotel
      San Francisco, CA, 94105
      Tel:(415) 546 5078
      Fax:(415) 243 8062
      Mail to: darren.clark@luxurycollect
      Donate cash, emergency relief information in Yahoo!
      <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emerg
      ency_Information/> Ne