canonical writings (was: Beloved Disciple passages in ms Pepys

  • Yuri Kuchinsky
    Message 1 of 26 , Aug 18, 2001
      On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, John N. Lupia wrote:

      > Fourth, like Yuri you seem to think that the Book of Job and the
      > Testament of Job are two different texts completely. This is
      > false.

      John, please cite us any passage in the standard canonical Book of Job
      that has anything to do with any female doorkeepers. You have cited a
      passage from an Apocryphal Testament of Job, which is not the same as the
      canonical Book of Job. As most of us know, the Catholic canon had been
      already fixed authoritatively quite a few centuries ago. Of course I
      respect your views and all that, but to my mind the Council of Trent
      (1556) has more authority on this matter.

      Respectfully,

      Yuri.

      PS. And in reply to the query by Robert Brenchley, yes, indeed, the
      Testament of Job is available online at the following address,

      http://wesley.nnu.edu/noncanon/ot/pseudo/test-job.htm

      equivalent to becoming God -=O=- Julian