Re: [John_Lit] "dokeo" and "pisteuo"

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 16 4:34 PM
      Yuri,

      You asked:

      > So then how do you know it was later editing if you
      > don't know how and when it was done?

      In the strictest sense of the term, I don't know
      because I haven't studied the issue. I was, primarily,
      raising questions that you would need to investigate
      and answer in order to tighten your arguments. This is
      how I see the purpose of scholarly listserves such as
      this one, and it's why I have tried to participate in
      discussions whenever I felt that I had something to
      say or a question to raise.

      > Basically, Jeffery, you seem to be arguing that one
      > word rather than another is more appropriate in the
      > context of a certain verse.

      That's correct.

      > But surely this is a matter of opinion.

      Some opinions are better grounded than others. I have
      given my grounds, and those grounds would need to be
      evaluated.

      > I think we can agree to disagree about this, and I'm
      > willing to let you have the last word on this
      > subject.

      I rarely have that honor.

      Best Regards,

      447-791 Kyunggido Osan-City