Virus

  • Moloney, Francis J.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
      Dear Everyone,

      Just to let you know that I have been the recipient, and then the
      transmitter of a dangerous virus: W32.MAGISTR.24876@mm. It picks up
      scattered material from my files, and then transmits it as an email to
      people in my address book. If anyone received a strange email from me,
      please do not open any attached files, and destroy it immediately. Do
      not open files from me, unless I let you know it is OK. Sorry about
      this ... and why do people do this? If you have opened such a file from
      me, then do not despair. The file has been recognized and is destroyed
      by Norton Antivirus, and also McAffree Antivirus. It was first
      identified on March 13. Use your Antivirus, and it will instruct you how
      to eliminate the virus.

      Regards,

      Frank
      _______________________
      Francis J. Moloney, S.D.B
      Professor of New Testament
      Biblical Studies Department
      The Catholic University of America
      Washington, DC 20064, USA
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
        Frank wrote:

        > I have been the recipient, and then the transmitter
        > of a dangerous virus: W32.MAGISTR.24876@mm. It picks
        > up scattered material from my files, and then
        > transmits it as an email to people in my address
        > book ... why do people do this?

        Yes, it's terrible. People can be simply malicious,
        can't they. This is the mystery of evil.

        447-791 Kyunggido Osan-City

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/