[John_Lit] A Modest Proposal for the Future Discussion of

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12 6:56 AM
      Another change that might facilitate fuller and more
      fruitful discussion would be to have a moderator for
      each paper being discussed. The moderator could be
      different for each paper and -- to make the discussion
      even fuller -- could be someone who does not post a
      paper. The moderator's primary job would be to read
      the paper before the discussion week and, on the day
      prior to discussion, post a response that would direct
      participants to major points, issues, and questions. I
      suppose that we could also require all moderators to
      agree to participate in all discussions and not just
      the one that they moderate, but perhaps this would be
      too rigorous.

      447-791 Kyunggido Osan-City

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Yahweh1674@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12 9:38 AM
        I have not commented on any papers because I have not had the time to do so.
        Of course I could said, "Nice paper!" -- but that would hardly contribute to
        the discussion. Hopefully by fall I'll have time to give some scholarly
        thought to the hard work of the contributors. I feel guilty that I haven't
        been able to give these great papers their just due.

        I will be in Australia on a speaking tour from mid-July to mid-September.
        Anyone who will be in the land down under and who might be interested in
        attending any of our talks, the schedule can be found on our website at:
        http://www.oamweb.com/religious/unitydiv/

        If you do visit the web site and wonder which one I am, I am the person in
        red.

        Peace --

        Heiwa
      • Staley, Jeffrey
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15 12:19 PM
          Another change that might facilitate fuller and more
          fruitful discussion would be to have a moderator for
          each paper being discussed.

          I like this idea, since it ensures at least one credible respondent.

          Jeff Staley