Re: [John_Lit] trial

  • PLP/MCdeB
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2001
      The dissertation of Martin Asiedu-Prepah sounds interesting, as do the
      comments by Jeff Staley. I probably could have benefited from their works in
      an article on Pilate which I wrote several years ago but which has just been
      published. For those interested: "The Narrative Function of Pilate", in G.J.
      Brooke and J.-D. Kaestli, Narrativity in Biblical and Related Texts, BETL
      CXLIX, 2000, pp. 141-158. There is also an article on Pilate from a
      narrative-critical angle in the same volume by Christopher Tuckett who comes
      to conclusions opposite to my own.
      Martin de Boer
      Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam