Re: Jews Judae Judaeans

  • g
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Reading through Kevin's recent post, I come again to
      the only idea that seems to harmonize all the viewpoints
      expressed in New Testament.

      Kevin writes:
      "Jesus himself used the term "Jews" to identify his enemies..."

      Considering the era, and considering the prejudices, all
      of this becomes instantly understandable if Jesus was
      from a family of Samaritans that underwent the compulsory
      conversions (in Samaria as well as Galillee) 100 years
      before by the Hasmonean kings.

      Jesus' enemies WOULD be Jews.... since most of his inner
      circle and recruits he obtained from Samaria, Galilee
      and even beyond.

      George