Re: [John_Lit] "Jews" vs. "Judaeans"

  • g
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2001
      Well, Leonard, that brings us right back to the
      passage in John where Jesus does not refute the
      accusation that he is a Samaritan.

      We really have two different issues here. What do
      we do with the accusation (and its apparent justification
      in the recruiting patterns of Jesus and his followers)?

      And what do we do with rather awkward use of phrase
      "the Jews" if we do manage to dismiss the Samaritan
      accusation.

      Considered this is a two-layered problem, perhaps
      I was too quick to agree with Jack's initial comments?

      George