Discussion of Raimo Hakola's paper

  • Raimo Hakola
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2001
      Dear members of the Johannine Literature discussion group,

      I see that the discussion of my paper is already going on. Thank you for
      return to them and to the comments of other members of the group later.
      Let me first say something about the background of my paper. I am working
      as a researcher at the department of Biblical Studies in the University of
      Helsinki. Right now I am finishing a doctoral thesis that deals with the
      relationship of Jesus and the Jews in John 1-12. (So, please, just call me
      Raimo, even though the title professor Hakola sounds pretty good in my
      ears.) The textual examples in my paper are based on this work. In my
      paper, I have tried to connect my textual analyses to the larger
      hermeneutical discussion concerning the anti-Judaism and the New Testament.
      Because both my thesis and my paper are still in progress, I am very keen
      on hearing your responses. The discussion with professor de Boer last week
      was very helpful to me and I am sure that the following discussion will be
      too.

      Regards

      Raimo Hakola

      Raimo Hakola