RE: [John_Lit] Johannine Drama (off list)

  • Richard Anderson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4 5:10 PM
      I would to suggest that calling a person a Jew can not be considered
      anti-Semitism when the caller himself is Jewish; it is merely strong
      polemics. The entire Bible was written by Jews with the possible exception
      of Job and Luke-Acts. Consequently I am pleased to read the suggestion of
      Tom Butler that
      "The Jews" is a symbolic term borrowed from Nehemiah 2:16. We need to tell
      the congregation that: "strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" [from
      a Chinese fortune cookie I received on Friday].

      Richard H. Anderson
      Wallingford PA
      http://www.geocities.com/gospelofluke