Johannine Drama (off list)

  • Maluflen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2001
      In a message dated 2/1/2001 3:10:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      jefferyhodges@... writes [quoting Colleen Conway]:

      << Why not acknowledge such language as
      the dangerous, life-threatening element in the text
      that it is and treat it accordingly?

      Jeffery Hodges responds:

      Well, my question concerned an 'orthodox' scholar. I
      didn't define that term, so it probably wasn't
      entirely clear what I was asking. I meant the sort of
      scholar for whom it would not be possible to treat the
      text in the way that you suggest.>>

      Just wanted you to know that I loved this response!

      Leonard Maluf