Ending Discussion of Thatcher's "Legend"

  • Felix Just, S.J.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2001
      Thanks to Tom Thatcher for agreeing to have his SBL paper discussed first on our
      Spring schedule of "focused discussions," and thanks to those who participated
      actively (as well as everyone who "sat in" and "read along")! Despite the slow
      start (due to technological problems), we've had some interesting posts, which
      also raised other questions that we might want to pursue in greater detail later
      (e.g. priority of Fourth Gospel vs. Johannine Epistles?).

      Anyone should feel free to post one additional message about Tom's paper (and
      Tom is still free to respond, of course), but it's also time to prepare for the
      next papers on our schedule:

      Jan. 15-21 Jeffrey L. Staley “Liar Liar: Jesus, ‘This Woman,’ and the Law in
      John 7-8”
      Jan. 22-28 [break week]
      J.29–Feb.4 Colleen Conway “The Politics of the Johannine Drama”
      Feb. 5-11 Michael Newheart “Bye-Word: A "Soul Reading" of Jesus' Farewell
      Discourse (John 13-17)”
      Feb. 12-18 Jo-Ann Brant “The Theatricality of Johannine Dialogue”
      Feb. 19-25 [break week]

      For links to these papers (and the schedule for March and beyond),
      see http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/SBL-Discussions.html
      or http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/SBL1999.html
      and http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/SBL2000.html.

      So that we can still access the papers even if a web-server goes down (as Tom's
      server was last weekend, or mine might also be sometime), I will also put
      duplicate copies of the papers to be discussed in the current and upcoming weeks
      in the "Files" section of our "E-Groups" homepage:
      http://www.egroups.com/group/johannine_literature (click "Files") or directly at
      http://www.egroups.com/files/johannine_literature/. Our discussion schedule and
      protocols, and some of our informational webpages are also now available in this
      "files" folder.

      Some of the "Links" on the E-groups copies of these webpages may not work (some
      "internal links" on pages originally written for the "Johannine Literature Web"
      do not transfer properly to the E-Groups server), but the basic content of these
      pages should be the same.

      [JL List Manager]
      Felix Just, S.J. - Dept. of Theological Studies
      Loyola Marymount University - 7900 Loyola Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90045-8400 - Ph (310) 338-5933
      Homepage: http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust