Beloved Disciple and "Petrine Monopoly"

  • Fred Guyette
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2001
      Normally I'm just a "lurker" on the list, but Piet's comments have drawn me out
      of the shadows enough to ask a question about Hengel's view --

      Were there "normative" objections to "the growing Petrine monopoly," or was it
      more a case of
      the larger community wanting to welcome other views? If Hengel develops the
      theme of substantive differences, I would like to explore his argument in more
      detail (could you provide citations?).

      Thanks for the interesting post...

      Fred Guyette
      Erskine Seminary