  • Mary Coloe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      Interesting Ken and I agree with the view that 21 is an addition with its
      focus on the BD but even more on establishing Peter and his leadership
      role. You sugesstion that 19:25 ff is a later addition I would not accept
      since in my reading this scene is crucial. I agree with your comment
      <The formation of the new household, "the future community
      ofbelievers endowed with the Spirit", is the giving of the Spirit to the
      gathered disciples. Surely this is a more important climax of the plot than
      19:25b-27?> This is exactly what happens in these verses 19:25ff and then
      the inclination of Jesus' head and handing down of the Spirit so again I
      argue that this scene at the cross is the climactic conclusion to he gospel
      and its plot announced in 2:19. Not for me is it a later addition.

      Dr. Mary Coloe pbvm
      School of Theology
      Australian Catholic University
      Locked Bag 4115