Tom Thatcher's SBL Paper

  • Felix Just, S.J.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2001
      From today until next Sunday (January 8-14) the topic of our "focused
      discussion" here on the Johannine_Literature EGroup will be Prof. Tom
      Thatcher's paper, “The Legend of the Beloved Disciple”, originally presented
      at the SBL meeting in Nashville in November 2000.

      This paper should be available through
      http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/SBL2000.html or directly at
      http://www.dabar.org/Atomic/menu/office/desk/Publication/beloved_disciple/be
      loved_disciple.html. However, Tom's webserver seems to have been down most
      of the weekend, so please be patient if you cannot access it just now. It
      will hopefully be up again soon.

      For the procedures and protocols of these "focused discussions", please see
      http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust/John/SBL-Discussions.html. In particular,
      please remember to ADDRESS your comments and questions DIRECTLY to Tom (even
      though you send them to the whole group). Also, please do NOT post more
      than ONE message per day, so that Tom has time to respond and everyone else
      has a chance to join in the exchange.

      Finally, in order to keep the focus of our discussion this week on Tom's
      paper, please postpone discussing other topics until our next "break week"
      (Jan 22-28). Thanks!

      Felix
      Felix Just, S.J. - Dept. of Theological Studies
      Loyola Marymount University - 7900 Loyola Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90045-8400 - Ph (310) 338-5933
      Homepage: http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust