Jn 19 response to Ken

  • Mary Coloe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2001
      Thanks Ken, I was interested in your comments on Jn 21 - where do you see
      that this contradicts the plot? Also i take the line that Jn 21 is an
      addition and has its own theological and eccelesial agenda.
      The scene with the BD and mother of Jesus is where the BD becomes son to
      the M of Jesus therefore brother to Jesus and therefore is drawn into the
      House of 'My Father' ie it is the formation of a new House(hold) of God ie
      Temple.

      At 07:24 AM 8/01/01 +1000, you wrote:
      >I will be interested in your assessment of chapter 21 which contradicts the
      >narrative plot as you present it.
      >
      >I cannot see why 19:25b-27 is necessary for your thesis though, but
      >I can see why this and 19:35b (KAI ALHQINH...LEGEI) are important for the
      >writer of chapter 21.

      Dr. Mary Coloe pbvm
      School of Theology
      Australian Catholic University