Re: [John_Lit] Re: Date of John's gospel

  • Billy Evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      Ron: of the two approaches given for dating the FG, I go with the one
      putting the writing of the FG in the first century. I'm afraid I can't do
      any better than that since I have only begun to consider this issue for my
      research. A safe guess would be somewhere between 60 and 100ce. If there
      is prophecy then the date has to precede the prediction. I realize that
      this eliminates me as a theological liberal. but, personal experience
      demands that I that this position

      --William J Evans Jr
      grad of Hebrew Union College--Cincinnati
      Dissertation with UNISA
      10251 Pendery Drive
      Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
      bevans@...