Book of Greek MSS of John (also a comment on BD not a woman)

  • Patrick Redelings
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2000
      To all:

      BD was prob. not a woman because when Jesus says, "Behold your mother!" we
      must understand that this is a response to his comment to Mary, "Woman,
      behold your son." In addition, the text says that "Jesus, therefore, seeing
      the mother (ten metera) and the disciple whom He loved..." and in the
      Greek, those last words are "ton matheten" for 'the disciple" and "hon" for
      'whom'- which are clearly masculine forms. If the disciple were a woman, we
      would have "ten matheten" and "hen" respectively, if my Greek does not fail
      me.

      MORE IMPORTANT: Sorry this is not on the BD question, but I was wondering if
      any of you knew where to locate a book that i have heard about. It is
      basically photographs of all the extant manuscripts of the gospel of John,
      minus the ones from C. Vaticanus, etc. because those are too long. But it
      has all the other pieces and fragments. Does anyone know where I could
      purchase one of these? PLEASE tell me if you know of this. Thanks,

      P. Redelings