RE: [John_Lit] On-Line SYLLABI ???

  • Maurice A. O'Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000
      At 15:33 10/11/00, tom.thatcher@...
      attached 250 Kb of files to a posting sent to EVERYONE on the list -- what
      a colossal waste of bandwidth.

      And what an expense to everyone -- such as myself -- who pays for time
      spent online; Can I take it that this is of no concern to someone posting
      from an .edu domain?

      In addition, my ISP allows unlimited e-mail attachments, although many
      impose a limit and hence these unrequested files would simply be truncated
      for some list members..

      Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
      mauros@...
    • Felix Just, S.J.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000

        Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros@...> replied:
        > At 15:33 10/11/00, tom.thatcher@...
        > attached 250 Kb of files to a posting sent to EVERYONE on the list
        > -- what a colossal waste of bandwidth.

        Our APOLOGIES to Maurice and everyone else who received Tom's message
        with the four attached files. This message obviously should have been
        addressed to me personally, not to the whole group.

        But let me, as list manager, take this opportunity to remind everyone of
        this e-group's policy that NO ATTACHMENTS should be sent along with any
        messages posted to the group (for exactly the reasons Maurice
        mentioned!). I'll also try to change the e-groups settings to prevent
        similar problems from occurring again in the future.

        Felix
        Felix Just, S.J. -- Dept. of Theological Studies
        Loyola Marymount University -- 7900 Loyola Blvd.
        Los Angeles, CA 90045-8400 -- (310) 338-5933
        Website: http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~fjust