6019The passing of Robert Kysar

    Nov 5, 2013
      Dear colleagues,

      I pass along sad news from Myrna Kysar; Bob Kysar passed away on Oct. 31--he will be deeply missed. I have long held him as one of the leading Johannine scholars in America, on a par with Raymond Brown, Moody Smith, and Alan Culpepper; his John: The Maverick Gospel has a highly useful introductory text, which I've used in my courses for many years.

      Here's information on the memorial service; thanks for remembering the family and loved ones.

      http://www.memorialsolutions.com/sitemaker/sites/SOUTHC2/memsol.cgi?user_id=1153313

      Sincerely,

      Paul Anderson

      Professor of Biblical and Quaker Studies

      George Fox University

      Newberg, OR 97132