      From: winetattler <SemioticSymphony@...>
      To: johannine_literature@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 17, 2011 10:33:16 AM
      Subject: [John_Lit] getting on with the business of John

      Hello to all:

      This forum has been fairly quiet lately, no doubt for the trials and
      tribulations of the academic year, etc.

      However, Tom Thatcher has recently and generously facilitated an interesting
      colloquium on the biblical-studies group, and that colloquium is about to end.

      Is there any interest here, given that other members are active in the Jesus,
      John and History project, in continuing to move the business of John into new
      horizons?

      If so, then let me pose some new business with a general question to this group:

      How do the constructs of "story" and "discourse" work in FG, and do their
      interplay move the matters of 'history,' 'historicity,' etc., forward?

      Cordially, and with warmest regards,
      Joe
      Joseph Calandrino