5142Re: [John_Lit] Revelation of John

  • leeedgartyler
    Apr 24, 2005
      Hello, Ian,

      You might want to go straight to the horse's mouth and get literature
      from some of the ministries that emphasize apocalyptic aspects of the
      faith.

      Elaine Lawless of the University of Missouri has done considerable work
      with folk sermons in the rural midwest, and of course these often use
      John's Apocalypse as source texts. I'm a bit out of touch with her work
      now (my interests have gone to the other end of the time spectrum for
      these beliefs), but you should find a pretty copious resource in her work.

      best,

      Ed Tyler

      Ian E. Rock wrote:

      >Dear listers:
      >I am in the process of putting together a third level
      >BA degree module on the apocalypse of John. I want to
      >particularly examine popular contemporary use of
      >Revelation in religious movements. I'd appreciate if
      >you could send me some of the texts you find suitable
      >and the reason why. Thanks for your help.
      >Blessings
      >
      >The Rev. Ian E. Rock
      >Lecturer - New Testament Studies
      >Codrington College