1896Re: [John_Lit] Beloved Disciple passages in ms Pepys

  • Yuri Kuchinsky
    Aug 16, 2001
      On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, John N. Lupia wrote:

      > In your defense of Pepys Ms. 2498 where you discard the
      > doorkeeper in Job saying it is a Christian writing, dating it to the
      > 3rd cent. AD, I am curious how you (and Mr. Davies-Brown for
      > that matter) explain and account for the Targums of the Book of
      > Job among the Dead Sea Scrolls:
      > 1 lQlO; 4QtgJob=4Q157, 11QtgJob=11Q10; 11QtgJob XXIV 6-7
      > (cf. Ernst Kutsch, "Die Textgliederung im hebräischen Ijobbuch
      > sowie in 4QTgJob und in 11QTgJob," BZ ns 27 No
      > 2(1983):221-228).

      Dear John,

      Earlier you confused the Book of Job with the Testament of Job. Such
      confusion may also explain the above. Also (in regard to your previous
      post) I don't think the fact that Davies-Browne is from Sierra-Leone
      should reflect negatively on what this scholar is saying.

      Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto -=O=- http://www.trends.ca/~yuku

      It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than
      to put out on the troubled seas of thought -=O=- John K. Galbraith
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic