1097Re: [John_Lit] Digest Number 108

  • Ken Durkin
    Dec 11, 2000
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Thomas (Tom) Butler" <butlerfam5@...>

      > To: Ken Durkin, Frank McCoy and JL listers
      > From: Tom Butler
      > Re: The Beloved Disciple
      >
      > I am new to this list. Your consideration of the identity of the Beloved
      Disciple interests me a great deal. At the risk of walking on ground you
      have already covered, may I pose some questions?

      > When you consider attempting to identify the BD, do you use the criteria
      suggested by Raymond Brown and / or Charlesworth, or others, or do you have
      other criteria of your own?

      A couple of years ago I remember reading "Let Her Keep It". You argued that
      Mary of Bethany was the Beloved Disciple and the Gospel was published by
      Pontius Pilate. Have you changed your mind yet?
      KenDurkin
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic