new track uploaded

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2004
      new track uploaded

      A new track is available for download
      (http://www.johanagebjorn.info/Overload.mp3): it's called "Overload"
      and is a cover version of the first part of Swedish duo Tip &
      Mantronix' classic Amiga .mod with the same name from 1991. (If you can
      listen to .mod files, you can find the original at various places on
      the net, e.g. here
      (ftp://ftp.modland.com/pub/modules/protracker/mantronix/coop-tip/
      overload.mod) or here
      (http://www.btinternet.com/%7Ejfchapman/mods/overload.zip).) I thought
      they had made such a wonderful melody so I wanted to make an
      interpretation of it. My version is 80s disco-inspired as far as the
      groove goes, so I've putted it in the "italo disco" section, although
      it has influences from 90s techno as well. (A little competition: the
      first one who can hear what I'm saying through the vocoder - that's not
      in the original version - will be given a free CD with my music (more
      than what's on the web site)! :-))

      Also, I've added a short snippet
      (http://www.johanagebjorn.info/satie.mp3) of Erik Satie's "Jack in the
      Box: Prelude", performed by Swedish pianist Olof Höjer, which is the
      original "Memories of Satie"
      (http://www.johanagebjorn.info/MemoriesofSatie.mp3), you could say.
      Johan Agebjörn
      antioxidant@...