Re: D18 Fuselage sides

  • charlie
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 4, 2012
      --- In jodel@yahoogroups.com, <r.r.hall@...> wrote:
      Hi Rodney,
      the D11 fuse side has three thicknesses of ply on the sides.
      From memory 3mm in the front,2mm in the centre and 2.5 birch at the tailplane.
      Inside the fuse at the wing trailing edge, and fuselage splice, is a large 3mm triangular gussett.
      Chas.

      > In the plans it shows the fuselage sides covered by 2.5mm ply and at the rear wing attach point it shows somw 3 mm ply but I am having trouble determining if the 3mm ply is outside on top of the 2.5mm or on the inside. Rodney Hall

    • Steve Chilcott
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 4, 2012
        Hi Rodney

        I suspect you are talking about the 3mm ply gusset that is on the inside
        of the fuselage. It is on the opposite side to the fuselage skin and
        sort of forms a box section around the anchor nut for the wing mount bolt..

        Rgds Steve