The most impressive piece of flying I have ever seen, bar none....

  • Hans Teijgeler
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi guys,

      Sorry for the off-topic post, but I HAD to share this one....

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCbkBfdBrQ

      Hans

    • cgraham978@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hans,
        Off topic? Nah...a bent wing!

        But I share your judgement. Amazing skill and quick thinking.
        Graham

      • Chas Kenny
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hans its a spoof with a real aircraft and a model combined.
          Looks very impressive though.
          Chas.

        • Chas Kenny
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNIhBlyepc&feature=related

            Hans here is another one./Chas.

          • Hans Teijgeler
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
              Yeah, so I have been told (after my post). They had me fooled...

              Still pretty impressive flying with the model though!!! :-)

              Hans

            • g.dawes
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
                Sorry, but I have looked very closely at this and it is a spoof a bit like the one 'Plane Crash on the 504''.It is definitely a made up one.
                If it had been real there would be worldwide media reporting and all the details available.
                A good view nevertheless.
                G. Dawes
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
                  Graham, you seem to have misunderstood. The second one, to which Norm
                  Goyer refers, is not a spoof but a model and no-one is going to report
                  that in the media. The first one is a similar incident with a model
                  which happens to have the same paint scheme as the intact full size
                  one shown after landing in a view that does not show the right wing.
                  The point is that with an aerobatic aircraft with a symmetrical
                  section wing, in knife edge the fuselage and vertical fin and rudder
                  are the lifting surfaces and the wing becomes just a fin. I fly
                  models as well as full size but I wouldn't have thought of it under
                  pressure like that, it's a great bit of flying.

                  Cheers,

                  Peter