Thanks for that Bob, I had read that page a while back and didn't really understand what it was about then. Now it just a little clearer. I have watched Nigelfraserwsmith
Will Type java into the address bar, go to it. Then select "do O have Java?" Then run it. Tell us the results. Walt [Non-text portions of this message havewalter71342
I just had an auto up-date of Java. The new version IS installed on this computer. A PC with Vista as the operating system. JMRI was working fine before thewjeral
The JMRI suite provides several useful tools such as:
- DecoderPro® to simplify configuring complicated DCC decoders by providing screens on which you can select the various options and values you want.
- PanelPro™ makes it easier to control panels, set up signalling, configure operations and control your layout.
- SoundPro™ generates sound tracks for your railroad layout through use of your PC's sound card.
- JMRI Operations for computer generated train switch lists.
- Go beyond the basics and use "Logix" to automate your layout's behaviour, interface with X10 and Insteon systems to control your layout room's lights or write scripts to extend the capabilities of the system. The JMRI library makes it easy to write your software to control your layout.
- Documentation for various parts of the JMRI suite is available on the JMRI website.
For more information on any of the above and a lot more, please visit http://jmri.org
To Report a Bug, Submit a Patch or Feature Request, please visit: https://sourceforge.net/p/jmri/_list/tickets
JMRI is an informal open-source software that runs entirely on volunteer labour. An impressive list of people who have worked on JMRI is available at http://jmri.org/help/en/Acknowledgements.shtml
Like many open-source applications, there is a cost involved in maintaining the project. Donations are accepted and may be made through Paypal by visiting the Projects Donation page which is located at http://jmri.sourceforge.net/donations.shtml
This group is the place to discuss any aspect of JMRI. If you have questions about how to do things, suggestions, or even complaints, post them here. The group is partially moderated. For more information, please see message 508.
- Trains and Railroads
- Apr 13, 2002
- This is a restricted group.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.