Re: [jmriusers] Re: Question with consisting in decoder pro 3

  • Dave Heap
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 4, 2012
      NCE Consist Tool certainly works in DP3. Haven't tried standard Consist Tool.

      Sent from my iPad
      --
      Dave in Australia

    • fishboy823@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2012
        Both consisting tools work with NCE only the NCE tool allows you to do so
        much more. We use it exclusively for op sessions. Dave is correct that you
        must turn off verbal acknowledgement for programing on the main. We have not
        had to turn on the tsunami's for consisting.
        KeithA

        (mailto:ncliffe@...) > wrote:

        > --- In _jmriusers@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:jmriusers@yahoogroups.com) ,
        "Stephen" <imovahearnow79@...> wrote:

        > > I downloaded the newest edition of decoder pro about 2 months ago.
        Untill recently i've never touched anyting with consisting. I started to look
        at it yesterday and could not figure it out for the life of me. I want to
        consist 3 loco's and couldn't figure out where you put the loco info in?

        > > My "test" track is about 2 feet long, this may sound like a dumb
        question. but do I need to have all the loco's on the test track for the consist
        to be generated?

        > In addition to the answers in the thread about the system in use.
        >
        > One important issue is whether the consist tools work within DP3. DP3
        only loads some of the underlying JMRI code, not all of it. Therefore some
        features don't work. Ideally, only features which work should be in the
        interface, but its possible stuff has crept through. DP3 is meant to be about
        DecoderProgramming.

        > For the full set of JMRI capabilities, launch PanelPro. The DP3
        programmer is available within PanelPro (from the file menu). Launched this way,
        all of the JMRI features are available.

        > - Nigel

      • up_sbrown
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 5, 2012
          Dave,

          A Lenz system sends the appropriate packets for the locos to wake up irrespective if you are using the Consist address or even any of the cab numbers in the consist on your throttle.
          Lenz, for want of a better term, link all the addresses incl the consist address to work as one.

          So to get back on topic - if using DP or PP to consist with JMRI then then brand of DCC system does play a roll in how the consist will react, particularly those locos with sound that may be in a silent state.

          Simon, also in Australia

        • fishboy823@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2012
            All systems send the packet to wake up the QSI decoders whether in single
            or in consist. In order to accept advanced consisting(CV19), QSI decoders
            need to be awake. If the decoder was already on and F8 has turned the sound
            off, it will still accept your consist number in CV 19. Once in consist and
            you call up the lead loco, they will come alive with all systems. Its just
            the nature of QSI decoders. This causes no problem during op sessions as
            the hosler brings the engines to the location where the consist is to be made
            and DP makes the consist with a click of the mouse. This is esp effective
            with NCE on DP because of the separate consist editor for DP with advanced
            features but can be done with no trouble on all DP compatable systems using
            the standard consist editor. When I did a Decoder Pro clinic on speed
            matching and consisting at the RPM meet in western Pa last year, consisting
            using DP for ops drew a questions and comments.
            KeithA