Re: [jmriusers] Re: Operations Setting Up Turn Type Train

  • Jim Elbe
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 18, 2012
      FWIW, I can vouch for Dan's suggestion as that is what I do for my three
      staging areas. In addition to facilitating an "out and in" turn, I get
      better productivity out of my staging tracks.

      Jim Elbe
      Green Bay WIZ

      On 3/18/2012 6:18 PM, Martyn Read wrote:
      >> Even if you only have one set of physical staging tracks, you can use more
      >> than one location name to describe the set of tracks. So unless your trains
      >> are really turns, using two different staging names allows the program to
      >> run cars from staging to staging, and should eliminate the build failures.
      >> You can use the same naming concept you used to define staging tracks
      >> (adding -1 and -2), except now you're defining staging locations.
      >>
      > Thanks Dan, I may need to give that a go! :-)
      >
      > Martyn
    • Norman Beveridge
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 30, 2012
        I could edit the manifest as a .csv file, but if I take a car out of the manifest how does the program know to leave it where it was previously? In RO, editing the manifest would automatically return a car to its original location if it were taken out of the train. Further, you could manually add a car, and RO would automatically handle it. I don't see how editing the .csv file can do this.