Re: [jmriusers] Accessory decoders

  • Jon Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
      >Is it possible to program accessory decoders with DecoderPro? If not
      is it an area the group is looking at including in the near future?<

      The AD4s made by CVP are programmable on the programming track using DP.
      I believe there are files for all versions.

      Jon Miller
      AT&SF
      For me time has stopped in 1941
      NMRA Life member #2623
      Member SFRH&MS
    • Bob Jacobsen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
        >Is it possible to program accessory decoders with DecoderPro? If not
        >is it an area the group is looking at including in the near future?

        Are there particular ones you're interested in?

        Many accessory decoders are just "programmed" via switch commands.
        DecoderPro can send those (look under Tools for Turnout Control), but
        there's not really much more it can do.

        Some, like the Digitrax DS54 and CVP AD4, can be programmed via CVs,
        just like a locomotive decoder. People have created DecoderPro
        definitions for those, so they can be used in the normal way. If
        there are others that don't yet have a decoder definition, I'd be
        happy to help somebody add one.

        Bob
        --
        Bob_Jacobsen@... +1-510-486-7355 fax +1-510-643-8497 AIM, Skype JacobsenRG
      • David Simmons
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
          Our club has about 30 of the original CVP AD4 accessory decoders. For the
          past few years we have had problems with them randomly getting reprogrammed
          and also are starting to have a few that have failed. We are therefore
          looking at replacing some of them. The other problem we have is that when
          using macros to control turnouts, the decoder won't accept commands for a
          2nd turnout on the decoder while processing the command for the first.

          The easiest option is to purchase the CVP AD4MC decoders. These are a drop
          in replacement for our current decoders and also fully work with our JMRI
          panels with lock outs on the local panels. If anyone here is using the
          newer CVP decoders, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with
          them.

          Are there other accessory decoders that stand out to anyone? We will be
          using them to drive 1-2 tortoise motors per output, require local input
          controls (we will probably use mini-panels in our yards). The ability to
          lock out local control via JMRI is also desired, but not required. This
          will be on our club's NCE system.

          Thanks for your input!

          David Simmons

          Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club

          Main Website: http://www.aamrc.org

          Trainshow: http://a2trainshow.com

        • davidaamrc
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
            I should add that these will be driven by JMRI and local panels, if that wasn't obviously clear...

            -David Simmons