JJdJ Sep 4, 07: The Fish Want Flesh

  • Irene A. Mystery
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      Welcome to Jewish Joke du Jour!

      Please visit our sponsors. They keep JJdJ priceless!

      ----- Charlie Chaplin: 57 Classic Shorts on DVD -----

      Store Price: $49.99
      OUR PRICE: $19.99

      Here is your chance to own the most comprehensive collection
      (over 24 hours worth of footage) of one of cinema’s greatest
      pioneers; Charlie Chaplin. 57 Classic Shorts are included in
      this Double-sided 5-pack DVD collection. The price has been
      lowered to make available to anyone who enjoyed the "Little
      Tramp." Remember you get 5 DVDs,
      OVER 24 HOURS of FOOTAGE for only $19.99.
      Get this collectible treasure by visiting:

      Charlie Chaplin 5-Pack DVD Collection</a>

      Sep 4, 2007 Volume 93, Issue 791

      Jewish Joke du Jour Table of Content

      o "The Fish Want Flesh"
      o Jewish Quote du Jour

      I can hear the collective 'oy' after this joke...

      Keep LadyHawke flying:
      Please support Joke du Jour. Thank you.

      "The Fish Want Flesh"

      Joe, the fisherman, had driven by the lake many times
      and had seen some other anglers about, so he decided
      to give his luck a try. On his first day of fishing he had no
      luck at all but noticed that another fisherman near him
      that was scooping in one after another. He had to know
      The Secret. "Excuse me sir, but would you mind telling
      me what sort of bait you are using?" he asked.

      The other man looked around a bit embarrassed. "Well,
      I am a surgeon, and quite by accident I found that human
      tonsil works very well."

      Joe thanked the man, thought about what sort of bait to
      try next time, and left.

      The next day, Joe returned to the lake, tried a different
      bait and still had no luck. Just as the day before, there
      was yet a different man reeling in fish after fish.

      "Excuse me," asked Joe, "but could you suggest a bait
      that I could try?"

      "Well, I can but I am not sure it will do you any good. I am
      using a bit of human appendix."

      "Hmm," thought Joe. It seemed that the fish in this lake
      would require a little more effort than normal. He left,
      willing to give the lake one more try.

      On the third day, Joe still had no luck. As was usual,
      there was yet another man near him bringing in fish
      left and right. Joe wanted to confirm what he already
      knew. "Excuse me sir, but are you a doctor?"

      "No, I am a Rabbi."

      To subscribe to our fabulous Deals du Jour go to:

      Jewish Quote du Jour

      "I don't want to become immortal through my work.
      I want to become immortal through not dying."
      -- Woody Allen

      Copyright © 1995 - 2007 Jewish Joke du Jour.
      All Rights reserved.
      Feel free to forward this, in its entirety, to anybody.

      To Subscribe to this group, send a blank email to:

      To Unsubscribe from this group, send a blank email to:

      SUBSCRIBE to our Newsletters:
      Joke du Jour Funny Sex du Jour
      Jewish Joke du Jour Quote du Jour
      LadyHawke's Weekly Jokes

      For Advertising & Sponsorship, write to

      SUBMIT jokes to submission@...

      If you have any problems unsubscribing from
      this mailing list, in accordance with the 2005
      Can-Spam act, you can contact me at:

      Ms. Irene A. Mystery
      Editor at Joke du Jour
      P. O. Box 6007