Fwd: FW: 21st IAVE World Volunteer Conference: Call for Papers

  • Win Mektripop
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
    Please Fw to those whom might interest. I think we also have peace volunteer that world should learn more than in mainstream media especially international.

    The 21st IAVE World Volunteer Conference will take place in Singapore on January 24 - 27, 2011. Hosted by Singapore’s National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre, the event will run in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of the UN International Year of Volunteers (IYV +10) and IAVE’s 40th anniversary. An affiliated Youth Volunteer Conference will be held on January 21 - 23.

    In the spirit of highlighting the impact of volunteering on communities, the conference theme is ‘Volunteering to Change the World’. As this IYV +10 conference is to review the impact of volunteers since IYV and to assess what’s needed to move forward, it is time for the world volunteering community to seriously look into itself to see what we have achieved, where we have fallen short, and how we can organize ourselves better to impact societies and the world we live in more strategically and in tangible, felt ways. Through this conference, it is hoped that volunteer capital is truly recognized by governments, by businesses and by the not-for-profit sector itself for what it has to offer as an equal partner in building communities in a sustained manner.

    President Nathan will be the Guest of Honour for the opening ceremony and Senior Minister Goh will present the opening address for the conference. Other speakers include representatives from the United Nations Volunteers, World Toilet Organisation, International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent, UBS and many more will grace this important event.

    Call for Papers

    We will like to invite you to submit a proposal for a workshop or forum discussion based on the conference theme “Volunteering to Change the World”. There are 5 tracks to choose from and the deadline for submission is 15th May 2010. Please complete the attached template and return it to us at iave2011@...

    1

    The Power of One - No one person can change the world but these individuals and organisations, with their personalities and commitment, are our multipliers and through them, more have come forward and volunteered to change their worlds. This forum will share how one can make a difference by inspiring others to step forward.

    2

    Many Helping Hands - Partnerships should not be viewed only as donor and beneficiary relationship.  Partnerships which provides for expertise and resources sharing can help make a positive difference. This forum will discuss partnership programmes and how can NGOs, corporates and government bodies can mutually benefit from one another.

    3

    From Good to Great – “Doing good, well” has been a theme for us for many years now. It is now time to build great NPOs for lasting impact. This forum will discuss leadership issues such as renewal and also building trust through transparency and good governance.

    4

    Mega Volunteering Trends - This track looks at where the volunteer needs are and where the supply is coming from in this day and age.  Clearly, humanitarian relief, mega events especially sports-related, faith-based volunteering, volunteering towards and by the elderly all rank high and call for a discussion of issues that arise from gravitation towards these volunteering areas.

    5

    Strategic issues in Volunteer Management - Working with volunteers requires proper skills and professional training. With trained volunteer programme managers, we can see a greater impact through organised volunteering programmes. This forum will discuss  strategic  issues related to volunteer management and retention.

    Registrations

    Registrations will be open in May 2010. VCF funding of up to 50% is available for approved charities and VWOs. Please visit our website www.iave2011.org for registration details soon.

    --
    Win (pop)