Psychotic Quiz

  • Harikrishnan K. Nair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2000
      Hello people,

      Howdy? I had promised a theme quiz, but I am too lazy to do the research work (yeah right!) . So, here is another general quiz.
      9 q's totally, should be easy. So here are the 9 questions:

      1) In which country would you find the "Jurong Bird Park" ?

      2) He was a monk of the order of St. Augustine. He nailed his 95 theses, which attacked the sale of the "Letter Of Indulgence", on the door of the Church in Wittenberg, Germany. Identify this famous person from medieval history.

      3) The research work carried out by this years Nobel Prize Winners for Medicine, deals with the nervous system. It hopes to help cure 2 diseases. One of them is "Parkinson's Disease". Name the other.

      4) If Green Revolution is to plants, the Pink Revolution is to ______ .

      5) What can be best described as:
      " The maximum possible mass of a stable cold star, above which it must collapse to a black hole."
      [ Hint: There are two words in the answer ]

      6) Who played Tom Hanks' son in the movie "Forrest Gump" ?

      7) If Cherie Blair is to Tony Blair, then Queen Rania is to ____ ________ __ ______ .
      [ The name will suffice, but if you get the country right too, kewl ! ]

      8) In Romeo And Juliet, what was Juliet's surname ?

      9) This is a 2-part question. Each part is 1 mark each.

      a) Name the famous son of Mahadev Sahay, and Chandramukhi Devi.

      b) Name the famous daughter of Paithal, and Lakshmi Amma.

      So there they are folks, the 9 questions. But the marking will be out of 10.
      Answers in a week's time. So till then, bye...

      Regards,
      Nikhil HariKrishnan.

      P.S.: Obviously, the subject of the mail doesn't have anything to do with the quiz (or does it?!?). I got tired of routine subjects, that's all! Bye...