Simple Seven

  • srinivas b.s. potharaju
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2000
      hi,
      this is my third quiz on net and it is general.
      send your answers and comments on or before 5th dec.

      questions:

      1)What is the revolutionary wireless technology,named
      after 10th century danish ruler HARALD BLATAND whcih
      could well catalyse the emergence of MOBILE INTERNET ?

      2)"ARRIVAL OF A TRAIN","THE SEA BATH"," A DEMOLITION",
      "WORKERS LEAVING THE FACTORY" AND "LADIES AND SOLDIERS
      ON THE WHEELS".What am i talking?
      (clue:an old hotel in bombay)

      3)Many years ago,a cricket-obsessed boy in central calcutta had a wonderful idea.He wrote to SIR BRADMAN
      that he and his friends played a hard-fought tournament
      with a difference.They played not on the lush maidan,
      but street cricket in calcutta's narrow gullies.The boy
      asked the DON whether their tourney could be named
      'BRADMAN CUP' and was lucky enough to get the permission,wishes and a photo with HIS autograph on it.
      Name the boy who had later got the distinction as one
      of the gifted cricket writers from INDIA?

      4)"I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAS COME TO ANY HARM FROM D.N.A. . INFACT, THE ONLY PERSON IT HAS HARMED IS CLINTON".Who said these words?

      5)What is the ISRO's commercial arm which is already
      selling SPACE images to the world?

      6)In 1870,pilgrims enroute to a rama temple in ANDHRA
      PRADESH had lit fire to prepare their meal.One of the
      supports of a cooking vessel caught fire and the incident was reported to the BRITISH. DR.WILLIAM KING,
      a geologist confirmed the deposits of coal in GODAVARI
      VALLEY.A company was formed with it's script registered in LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE and later rechristened SINGARENI COLLERIES COMPANY.What is the
      original name of SCC?

      7)What's the brainchild of RIPPON KAPOOR which came into existence in 1979 and is one of the most respected
      welfare organisations around the world?

      bye,
      P.B.S.SRINIVAS,
      II SEMESTER,