Who Should And Should Not Be Counted Out

  • fellowtruthteller
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      Who Should And Should Not Be Counted Out

      Regarding George Allen Don't count George Allen out
      We will get to George Allen, who is still our favorite candidate for
      President of the United States in 2008 in a moment, but can we
      please at long last count the likes of the notorious
      "allleged" anti-Semites Jimmy Carter and James Baker out as people
      anyone should rely on for advice about anything. More about Jimmy
      and James, and Jim or James Webb too, for that matter, in this post.
      Can we please NOT reward Webb's "alleged" anti-Semitic flyer against
      his 2006 Senate Primary rival Democrat Harris Miller, and the anti-
      Semitism used against Senator George Allen by Democrats across
      America, who referred to Senator Allen as "Senator Macawitz", by
      giving Webb the US Senate seat that rightfully belongs to Senator
      Allen.

      While we are still hopeful that the tactics used in the 2006
      election in Virginia can be exposed, and James Webb can be made to
      step aside as a result of those tactics being exposed, so that
      George Allen can resume his rightful seat in the US Senate, and go
      on from there to the Presidency,there are other paths to 1600
      Pennsylvania Avenue.

      One of them was taken by one George Herbert Walker Bush, whose
      resume includes a stint as US Ambassador to the United Nations.

      The recent shameful decision not to re-name Ambassador Bolton to his
      rightful seat at the United Nations in a recess appointment, as he
      is still blocked in the US Senate, should not stand, but it appears
      that it will anyway.

      We urge you to contact President Bush and tell him that he should
      name George Allen to the post of UN Ambassador now.

      The White House
      1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
      Washington, DC 20500

      Phone Numbers

      Comments: 202-456-1111
      Switchboard: 202-456-1414
      FAX: 202-456-2461

      TTY/TDD

      Comments: 202-456-6213
      Visitors Office: 202-456-2121
      E-Mail
      Please send your comments to comments@...
      comments AT whitehouse.gov

      Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot
      respond to every message. For further up-to-date information on
      Presidential initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to
      you, please continue to use the White House website.

      Vice President Richard Cheney: vice_president@...
      vice_president AT whitehouse.gov

      A recent message from Senator Allen is below:

      November 30, 2006
      Dear Supporter,
      Susan and I thank you so much for the honor and responsibility of
      working for you for the better part of the last 13 years serving as
      Governor and U.S. Senator. During this time, we have devoted all of
      our energy, our hearts and our minds to advancing solutions and
      enduring initiatives, which have made Virginia and America a better
      place to live, learn, work and raise our families. We kept our
      promises and took positive action for the people.
      While this has been a difficult election year, Susan and I were
      truly blessed by all the wonderful efforts by those on our team.
      Throughout it all, we were constantly inspired, honored and
      sustained by the thousands of Americans who volunteered their time
      and resources to share in our quest to continue serving and
      championing our shared principles in the U.S. Senate. You were a big
      part of our effort, and we will always remember your strong support
      and special friendship.
      Although the election was close, it was not our day. What matters
      now is that we all pull together as Virginians and Americans to make
      our nation stronger and more competitive. No matter the challenges
      we face in the future, I urge you to continue to stand strong for
      freedom. And I look forward to seeing you on the trail ahead.
      With enduring friendship, I remain most gratefully yours,
      George Allen

      The following is a recent news item on the UN Ambassadorial post:

      Speculation Surrounds UN Ambassador Pick
      By EDITH M. LEDERER 12.06.06, 1:18 PM ET

      Speculation on a new U.S. ambassador to the United Nations to
      succeed John Bolton is focusing on Washington's current ambassador
      in Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, and a former U.S. deputy ambassador at
      the U.N., Richard Williamson.
      But there also are a number of other Republicans and even some
      Democrats whose names have been floated among diplomats at U.N.
      headquarters.
      The Republican speculation includes Rep. Jim Leach, a 15-term
      lawmaker from Iowa and opponent of the war in Iraq who lost his seat
      in the Democratic takeover of the House of Representatives in
      November, and two undersecretaries at the State Department, Nicholas
      Burns and Paula Dobriansky.
      On the Democratic side, two former senators have been mentioned -
      George Mitchell of Maine and Sam Nunn of Georgia.
      President Bush accepted Bolton's resignation Monday, angered that a
      few Republicans joined Democrats in preventing his nomination from
      reaching the floor of the Senate. Bush appointed Bolton last year
      when Congress was in recess, but his term is about to expire. With a
      long fight for confirmation going nowhere, Bolton decided to resign.
      Khalilzad, an Afghan-born Sunni Muslim and Republican insider, took
      up the Iraq post in June 2005 after serving as U.S. ambassador to
      Afghanistan from 2003 to 2005 following the fall of the Taliban. In
      November, a senior State Department official said he was likely to
      leave Iraq as soon as the end of the year but was more likely to
      remain through the spring.
      ABC News reported Tuesday that Khalilzad will soon return to the
      United States and is under "strong consideration" to be the new
      ambassador to the U.N., quoting a senior administration official.
      The acting spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Michael
      McClellan, told The Associated Press "there's no comment because
      there's no official announcement."
      Some diplomats question whether Bush would want to change
      ambassadors in Baghdad after a report by the bipartisan Iraq Study
      Group released Wednesday said U.S. policy in Iraq "is not working,"
      and urged an immediate diplomatic attempt to stabilize the country
      and allow withdrawal of most combat troops by early 2008.
      Williamson, now a partner in the Chicago law firm of Mayer Brown
      Rowe and Maw, was a deputy ambassador at the U.N. in 2002-03 and
      ambassador to the U.N. Human Rights Commission in Geneva in 2004. He
      was recently in Washington where he reportedly spoke to several
      senior State Department officials.
      Both Khalilzad and Williamson have strong international and
      political backgrounds.
      Khalilzad served at the National Security Council as special
      assistant to the president and senior director for Islamic Outreach
      and Southwest Asia, and as head of the Bush-Cheney transition team
      for the Defense Department.
      Williamson served as assistant secretary of state for international
      organizations in the State Department from 1988-89. He is a former
      chairman of the Illinois Republican Party and
      currently on the board of directors of the International Republican
      Institute.

      We wish that President Bush had heeded the message excerpted from
      below and kept John Bolton on at the U.N. However he has chosen not
      to do so.

      Keep John Bolton's Voice in the UN

      To: President George W. Bush

      The White House
      1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
      Washington, DC 20500

      Dear President Bush;

      We the undersigned, maintain that in his current position as U.S.
      Ambassador to the United Nations, Ambassador John Bolton brings
      tremendous experience, wisdom, expertise, courage, and finally,
      great honor to all of us. A tireless defender of our nation's
      values, advocating freedom, peace and security, he is also a great
      friend and defender of the State of Israel and Jews everywhere.

      Many people may be surprised to learn that one of Mr. Bolton's
      greatest triumphs occurred at the U.N. in 1991, while serving as
      assistant secretary of state for international organizations.
      Despite the views of his friends at the State Department, Mr. Bolton
      took the lead role behind the fight to get the UN to reverse
      Resolution 3379, the notorious resolution proclaiming, "Zionism is
      racism." On December 16, 1991, after six months of diligent work,
      determination and a lot of `Chutzpa,' the unthinkable came about; UN
      Resolution 3379 was repealed by a vote of 111 to 25. Single-
      handedly, John Bolton achieved a tremendous victory for all of us.

      Just a few days ago, on November 17, 2006, Ambassador Bolton
      delivered an historic and courageous speech at the UN General
      Assembly, stating:

      "This problem of anti-Israel is not unique to the Human Rights
      Council. It is endemic to the culture of the United Nations. It is a
      decades-old, systemic problem that transcends the whole panoply of
      UN organizations and agencies. ... the sponsors of today's
      resolution have diverted the efforts of non-political UN bodies ...
      with one-sided polemics irrelevant and indeed harmful to the non-
      political mandates of these agencies....
      These efforts serve only to erode the credibility of the United
      Nations ...."

      Let Us Punish Anti Semitism Not Reward It
      GeorgeAllen2008 group:

      If you feel, as I do, that the campaign tactics used against Senator
      Allen in 2006 should, at the very least, be investigated and exposed,
      please indicate what you will be doing about it.
      Please also read more by Googleing the following articles:

      Anatomy Of The George Allen Lynching

      Help Us Expose The Lynching of George Allen

      HILLARYS HATCHET JOB ON GEORGE ALLEN CRUMBLES

      DONT LET PARIS PICK AMERICAS NEXT PRESIDENT

      CLINTON FRENCH CONNECTIONS TO GEORGE ALLEN LYNCHING

      CLINTONS CONNECTED TO THE GEORGE ALLEN LYNCHING

      Are Saddams Saddemocrats Behind The George Allen Lynching

      Politics and Bedfellows An Age Old Story Told Once Again

      Webb Backer Hillary Clinton Linked to Union Leader Arrested on
      Racketeering Charges

      You just have to go to http://www.google.com/
      scroll down to Advanced Search click on Advanced Search and put any
      one of those
      titles above in with the exact phrase and click on Google Search
      It is my hope that the investigation and expose of those tactics
      will lead to
      the setting aside of the results of the election, and the stepping
      aside of
      James Webb, a.k.a. Jim Webb, so that Senator Allen may be declared
      the choice of
      the people of Virginia for the United States Senate.
      Please vote for as many as you wish
      I will research the matter myself
      I will bring the matter to the attention of President Bush
      I will bring the matter to the attention of Vice President Cheney
      I will bring the matter to the attention of the FBI
      I will bring the matter to the attention of the Federal Election
      Commission
      I will bring the matter to the attention of every newspaper in
      Virginia
      I will bring the matter to the attention of every TV station in
      Virginia
      I will bring the matter to the attention of every radio station in
      Virginia

      I will contact the national media
      I will call Virginia radio talk shows about this
      I will call national radio talk shows about this
      I will write letters to the editor of every newspaper in Virginia
      I will post my ideas at this group about what more can be done about
      this

      o I will research the matter myself
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of President Bush
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of Vice President Cheney
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of the FBI
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of the Federal Election
      Commission
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of every newspaper in
      Virginia
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of every TV station in
      Virginia
      o I will bring the matter to the attention of every radio station in
      Virginia
      o I will contact the national media
      o I will call Virginia radio talk shows about this
      o I will call national radio talk shows about this
      o I will write letters to the editor of every newspaper in Virginia
      o I will post my ideas at this group about what more can be done
      about this

      web site listed above.
      Former Reagan Navy Secretary and now Democratic Senate hopeful from
      Virginia James Webb is being accused of anti-Semitism for a flier
      produced against his opponent Harris Miller.
      By James Joyner
      Senate candidate James H. Webb, President Reagan's former Navy
      secretary, was criticized by his Jewish opponent Friday over a
      campaign flier that depicted the opponent with a hooked nose and
      cash spilling from his pockets. The flier was intended for
      distribution among labor groups. It was titled "Miller the Job
      Killer," referring to Webb's opponent for the Democratic nomination
      in Tuesday's primary, businessman Harris Miller.
      The flier, drawn in comic-book cartoon style, depicts Miller with a
      grotesquely hooked nose and cash overflowing from his suit pockets
      as he orders an underling to find ways to export U.S. jobs overseas.
      The flier refers to Miller as the "anti-Christ of outsourcing."
      Miller called it "despicable." "One of the things I hoped we would
      keep out of this campaign, because it has nothing to do with the
      campaign, is my religion and my background," Miller said."
      source:
      http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2006/06/james_webb_accused_
      of_anti-sem\
      itism_in_democratic_primary/

      Here are some excerpts from that anti-Miller flyer
      click on the url immediately below to see it:
      http://notlarrysabato.typepad.com/doh/files/miller_flyer_color.pdf
      which was "paid for and authorized by webb for senate.
      www.webbforsenate.com" whose caricature drawings of Democrat Harris
      Miller, who happens to be Jewish, look like they came straight out
      of some nazi Germany era anti-Semitic propaganda piece, have him
      saying: "Let them eat cake.", which of course he never said, and
      which has a footnote stating "1. Attributed to Marie Antoinette
      shortly before she was beheaded in 1793." as if Miller had actually
      said it.
      "Harris Miller, a corporate lobbyist, made his fortune by advocating
      the outsourcing of American jobs. Called the "anti-Christ of
      outsourcing," 1. Attributed to Marie Antoinette shortly before she
      was beheaded in 1793. As Virginia's Senator, Jim Webb will be a
      voice for working Virginians and will fight for what is really
      important….
      Root out corporate corruption and end the lobbyist stranglehold on
      Congress, restoring confidence in our government. paid for and
      authorized by webb for senate. www.webbforsenate.com "

      The anti-Semitic campaign waged against Democrat Harris Miller,
      Webb's Jewish
      opponent in the Virginia Senatorial Primary, was only a warm up for
      the
      anti-Semitic campaign waged against Webb's opponent in the general
      election,
      Republican Senator George Allen, whose mother is Jewish. Chances are
      good that
      the anti-Semitic flyer against Harris Miller described above would
      have landed
      Webb in jail in Europe, where there are laws against such things.
      Europe, after
      all, knows that hate speech leads to action. Hitler's Mein Kampf led
      to The
      Holocaust. In America it got Webb the nomination of his party for
      the US Senate.
      Don't let Webb benefit from the anti-Semitic attacks launched
      against Senator
      Allen. Please help to expose those who waged those deceitful hate
      filled
      anti-Semitic campaigns against Democrat Harris Miller and Republican
      George
      Allen.

      Check out the Birds of A Feather Photo Album at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnowTheEnemy/

      where you can see photos of the likes of Webb and Kerry
      Webb and Hillary, etc. and the other photo albums
      at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnowTheEnemy/

      support the fine work of
      groups like
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/USVotersForTruth/

      and

      aljazeerah had a recent piece which included praise for Carter,
      including a statement
      which said: "LONG LIVE JIMMY CARTER" at the bottom of the piece from
      aljazeerah
      the contact email address of editor@...
      editor AT aljazeerah.info was given it is nice to see Carter and
      aljazeerah, Birds of A Feather,if you will, flocking together. We
      hope that you will check out the Birds of A Feather Photo album at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnowTheEnemy/
      where you can see a photo of
      CARTER AND SAUDI PRINCE TALAL
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnowTheEnemy/message/41

      Don't count George Allen out
      Ed Lynch

      Lynch is chairman of the Roanoke County Republican Party.

      In the wake of the Senate election results in Virginia , George
      Allen's
      political obituary is being written ... again. By my count, this is
      the fifth
      time
      political experts have tried to shovel dirt on his grave,
      prematurely.

      In the 2008 presidential polls, which started coming out within
      hours of the
      2006 elections, Allen's name is not even included, although
      Democratic
      polls still include Al Gore, John Kerry and Howard Dean. Losing a
      single
      election does not necessarily mean permanent exile from presidential
      consideration.

      There is no reason to assume Allen is definitively out of the 2008
      race,
      although his task is formidable. The pundits who are writing him off
      ignore
      some pertinent facts.

      First, there was no other candidate in the United States whom the
      national
      Democratic Party worked harder to destroy this year. Democrats tried
      defeat most other Republicans; they worked to savage Allen.

      Every part of the Democratic coalition -- the mainstream media,
      labor, the
      anti-war left, and both Bill and Hillary Clinton -- descended on
      Virginia to
      defeat Allen. Moreover, they did so by using their most vile campaign
      tactics, making Allen's race almost a microcosm of Democratic dirty
      tricks.

      The Democrats, by their actions, have declared Allen to be the front-
      runner
      for 2008, even if Republicans have not yet done so. Allen's
      opponents are
      deathly afraid of him, and always have been.

      Second, in spite of all of the Democrats' efforts, Allen lost by
      only about
      9,000 votes, out of more than 2.3 million cast. A change of only
      three votes
      per precinct, and Allen would be starting his second term as U.S.
      Senator,
      and, I might add for those pundits who see a Democratic mandate in
      the
      national results, the Republicans would still be in control of the
      Senate.

      Third, it is not cable news political pundits -- least of all the
      now-discredited
      Larry Sabato -- who get to choose the candidates for the GOP
      nomination.
      That task belongs to hard-working, dedicated Republican political
      activists,
      in places like Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and, yes,
      Virginia.

      One Iowa GOP county chair recently called me to ask about Allen. He
      began by saying, "Lots of us are looking for someone we can really
      get
      behind," and he finished our conversation by asking, "So how do I
      get aboard
      this train?" Look for Allen to continue to receive invitations to
      the early
      primary states.

      For Republican primary voters, Allen can come to symbolize the mud-
      slinging, no-holds-barred, do-absolutely-anything-to-win Democratic
      campaign of 2006.

      It was a year in which some Democratic bloggers openly hoped for
      another
      terrorist attack so that President Bush could be blamed and a
      Democratic
      majority assured.

      Democrats got their majority and created millions of Republican
      activists
      looking for the best way to retaliate. Voting for the man whom
      Democrats
      tried hardest to defeat will hold a definite appeal.

      I do not mean to minimize the difficulty of Allen's task, or excuse
      the
      mistakes of his 2006 campaign. But the adversity has immunized him
      from
      further personal attack. By 2008, personal attacks on Allen will
      reek of
      yesterday's news.

      Moreover, he is now the consummate underdog, as he was when he ran
      for
      governor in 1993. He can run the sort of aggressive, anti-
      establishment,
      insurgent campaign at which he is best.

      Allen's political obituary has been written before. In 1979, after
      he lost his
      first political race, pundits in Charlottesville wrote him off.

      In 1993, after a poor performance at a debate, no less an authority
      than the
      then-head of the Republican Party of Virginia gave up on Allen.

      And Harris Miller, who ran against Jim Webb in the Democratic
      primary,
      tried to pronounce Allen dead and buried on the day of Allen's
      inauguration
      as governor.

      In fact, 2006 offers an exact parallel from earlier in Allen's
      career. In 1991,
      after Allen served one term in Congress, the entire Virginia
      Democratic
      establishment collaborated to redraw the state's congressional
      district lines
      to deny Allen his seat. And the Democrats congratulated themselves
      for
      successfully doing so. Two years later, the Democrats' glib smugness
      vanished, as Allen returned, this time as governor.

      Now, after Allen served one term in the Senate, the entire national
      Democratic establishment collaborated to smear his character,
      destroy his
      reputation and deny him his seat. And they are, once again,
      congratulating
      themselves for doing so.

      Democrats should have learned to be more careful what they wish for.
      History sometimes repeats itself.

      http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/wb/xp-94318
      We could not help but notice the big recent news regarding CSPAN in
      which a host
      on C-Span cut off someone who complained about Carter's notoriously
      well known
      "alleged" anti-Semitism.
      C-Span hosts, rarely, if ever, cut off the numerous anti-Semitic
      anti-Israel
      repeat callers who regularly use C-Span as a megaphone to broadcast
      their odious
      anti-Semitic, anti-Israel filth.
      This first item immediately below :
      "Caller On C-Span Calls Carter Bigot and Anti-Semite
      Yes, Mr. Carter, thank you for making me a Republican—because of your
      incompetence in handling the Iranians and…your cozying up with every
      dictator,
      thug, Islamic terrorist there is. And more importantly, I find it to
      be vile
      because of [unintelligible] (sounds like "your blackest heart")

      Having heard the tape several times it is my opinion that the caller
      suffered
      from a momentary form of nervous verbal dyslexia, what I believe
      that the
      caller meant to say to Carter was: YOUR HEART IS BLACK. With no
      racial overtones
      of course, speaking instead in the literary sense. One may recall
      with some
      humor a speech given by one Mario Procaccino, an unsuccessful
      candidate for
      Mayor of New York City some years ago, who attempted most
      unsuccessfully to win
      over an African-American audience by proclaiming sincerely: "MY
      HEART IS AS
      BLACK AS YOURS". It seems that Mario Procaccino was unaware of the
      literay sense
      of having a black heart, but his audience was, and was NOT amused.)

      The anti-Carter caller to CSPAN continued:

      "Because you're an anti-Semite. And let me explain why I think
      you're a bigot
      and a racist and an anti-Semite…
      The caller then is interrupted by the host who says the name calling
      is
      enough.Carter, with a cheesy grin, of course rejects the claim and
      goes into a
      clueless response."
      Was found at the url immediately below:
      http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2006/12/03/caller-on-c-span-calls-
      carter-bigot-a\
      \
      nd-anti-semite/

      This item:

      "C-SPAN caller bashes former President Carter as `racist, bigot,
      anti-Semite'
      During an appearance on C-SPAN's Book TV to promote his new book
      about Israel,
      former President Jimmy Carter was bashed by a call-in viewer as
      a "racist,bigot,
      and anti-Semite."
      "Aurora" from Illinois thanked Carter for "making" the caller a
      Republican, due
      to his "incompetence in handling the Iranians" and by "cozying up
      with every
      dictator,thug, Islamic terrorist there is."
      "But more importantly, I find it to be vile because of your blackest
      heart,because you're an anti-Semite," the caller continued. "And let
      me explain
      why I think you're a bigot and a racist and an anti-Semite…" Aside
      from the
      "namecalling," the C-SPAN host said that these are the "strong
      questions coming
      from people,"
      Was found at
      http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/CSPAN_caller_calls_former_President
      _Carter_120\
      \
      4.html

      We do not know who is the bigger anti-Semite, Democrat Former
      President Jimmy
      Carter, or Repubican Former Secretary of State
      James A. "F--- The Jews They Don't Vote For Us Anyway" Baker, and his
      so-called "Iraq Study Group" a.k.a. Iraq Surrender Group, a.k.a.
      Insane Stupidity Group, etc. etc. etc.

      You can read more about Carter and Baker by doing a search on the
      word Carter
      or a search on the word Baker in the Message Archives of the pro-
      Israel Yahoo
      groups listed below and other pro-Israel on line groups, etc.

      It seems that anti-Semitism is an equal opportunity "sport", pursued
      avidly by
      Democrats like Carter and Republicans like Baker, to the eternal
      shame of both
      Democrats and Republicans.

      The following is the text of a letter sent December 7th 2006 c.e.
      by Dr.
      Kenneth W. Stein to FOXNews.com:
      This note is to inform you that yesterday, I sent letters to
      President Carter,
      Emory University President Jim Wagner and Dr. John Hardman,
      Executive Director
      of the Carter Center resigning my position, effective immediately,
      as Middle
      East Fellow of the Carter Center of Emory University.

      This ends my 23 year association with an institution that in some
      small way I
      helped develop and shape.

      My joint academic position in Emory College in the History and
      Political Science
      Departments, and, as Director of the Emory Institute for the Study
      of Modern
      Israel remains unchanged.

      Many still believe that I have an active association with the Center
      and, act as
      an adviser to President Carter, neither is the case.

      President Carter has intermittently continued to come to the Arab-
      Israeli
      Conflict class I teach in Emory College. He gives undergraduate
      students a fine
      first hand recollection of the Begin-Sadat negotiations of the late
      1970s.

      Since I left the Center physically 13 years ago, the Middle East
      program of the
      Center has waned as has my status as a Carter Center Fellow.

      For the record, I had nothing to do with the research, preparation,
      writing, or
      review of President Carter's recent book. Any material which he used
      from the
      book we did together in 1984, "The Blood of Abraham," he used
      unilaterally.

      President Carter's book on the Middle East, a title too inflammatory
      to even
      print, is not based on unvarnished analyses; it is replete with
      factual errors,
      copied materials not cited, superficialities, glaring omissions, and
      simply
      invented segments.

      Aside from the one-sided nature of the book, meant to provoke, there
      are
      recollections cited from meetings where I was the third person in
      the room, and
      my notes of those meetings show little similarity to points claimed
      in the book.

      Being a former President does not give one a unique privilege to
      invent
      information or to unpack it with cuts, deftly slanted to provide a
      particular
      outlook. Having little access to Arabic and Hebrew sources, I
      believe, clearly
      handicapped his understanding and analyses of how history has
      unfolded over the
      last decade.

      Falsehoods, if repeated often enough become meta-truths, and they
      then can
      become the erroneous baseline for shaping and reinforcing attitudes
      and for
      policy-making. The history and interpretation of the Arab-Israeli
      conflict is
      already drowning in half-truths, suppositions, and self-serving
      myths; more are
      not necessary. In due course, I shall detail these points and
      reflect on their
      origins.
      The decade I spent at the Carter Center (1983-1993) as the first
      permanent
      Executive Director and as the first Fellow were intellectually
      enriching for
      Emory as an institution, the general public, the interns who learned
      with us,
      and for me professionally.
      Setting standards for rigorous interchange and careful analyses
      spilled out to
      the other programs that shaped the Center's early years. There was
      mutual
      respect for all views; we carefully avoided polemics or special
      pleading.

      This book does not hold to those standards. My continued association
      with the
      Center leaves the impression that I am sanctioning a series of
      egregious errors
      and polemical conclusions which appeared in President Carter's book.
      I can not allow that impression to stand.

      Through Emory College, I have continued my professional commitment
      to inform
      students and the general public about the history and politics of
      Israel, the
      Middle East and American policies toward the region. I have tried to
      remain true
      to a life-time devotion to scholarly excellence based upon
      unvarnished analyses
      and intellectual integrity.

      I hold fast to the notion that academic settings and those in
      positions of
      influence must teach and not preach. Through Emory College, in public
      presentations, and in OPED writings, I have adhered to the strong
      belief that
      history must be presented in context and understood the way it was,
      not the way
      we wish it to be.
      In closing, let me thank you for your friendship, past and
      continuing support
      for ISMI, and to Emory College. Let me also wish you and your loved
      ones a happy
      holiday season, and a healthy and productive new year.

      As ever,
      Ken

      Carter's "alleged" plaigarism has even upset the likes of Dennis
      Ross:
      "Jimmy, Jimmy Dennis Ross joined Brian and The Judge and told them
      that there were some striking similarities between some maps that
      appeared in Jimmy Carter's book, and those that appeared in Ross'
      book more than a decade ago." Source: Fox News

      "A Fox News commentator accused former President Jimmy Carter of
      copying material from one of his books without proper attribution.
      The commentator, Dennis Ross, a former envoy to the Middle East who
      is now a foreign affairs analyst for Fox News, said Mr. Carter used
      maps he created without giving proper credit for the material, which
      was included in the former president's controversial new book,... "I
      think there should be a correction and an attribution," Mr. Ross
      said in an interview on Fox News. "These were maps that never
      existed, I created them." Mr. Ross had previously published the maps
      in his own book..." Source: THE NEW YORK TIMES 12/9/2006

      Source of Material directly below:
      The Secret War Against the Jews By John Loftus
      With Mark Aarons: Paperback, 636pp. ISBN:
      0312156480 Publisher: St. Martin's Press, Inc. Pub. Date: April 1997

      "When James Baker was about to be sworn is as Bush's Secretary of
      State a White House aide is said to have joked that American
      Secretaries of State had hated Israel when they left office. "Baker
      is supposed to have joked: 'What if one started that way.' Baker's
      personal investments in oil interests were so extensive that he may
      have been violating federal conflict-of interest law by having any
      influence on Middle East policy.-Memorandum, 'Holdings of James A.
      Baker, III and his immediate family' January 25th,1989, disclosing
      holdings in Amoco, Exxon, Texaco and a half-dozen petroleum trusts
      and partnerships.(Former President George Herbert Walker) Bush and
      Casey
      conspired to tilt US policy toward Saddam Hussein. (Former President
      George
      Herbert Walker)Bush was good friends with Saddam's deputy foreign
      minister
      contrived anti-Israeli votes in the UN and made personal phone calls
      to one of
      his former Yale classmates to obtain American funding for Bechtel's
      oil pipeline
      in Iraq and later to finance Iraq's weapons purchases. The Iraqis
      received
      everything the Israelis were denied, from satellite down-links to
      cluster bomb technology. The Bechtel Corporation was even building
      Saddam
      Hussein a chemical factory which he could use for poison gas
      production."

      We can only hope that the current President Bush does not turn out
      after all to
      be just a carbon copy of his notoriously anti-Israel father.

      The victory of pro-Israel, anti-Saddam Hussein US Senator Joe
      Lieberman in Connecticut, who ran as an Independent, in the recent
      2006
      elections gives the lie to the wide-spread misconception that the
      recent defeat
      of many Republicans in the 2006 House and Senate elections was due
      to some sort
      of American malaise or American isolationism taking hold or even the
      rise of a
      pro-appeasement
      feeling in the American people.

      In fact the American people rejected the appeasement line pushed by
      Senator
      Kerry in his overwhelming defeat in the 2004 US Presidential
      elections. James A.
      F--- The Jews They Don't Vote For Us
      Anyway Baker" was among those Kerry praised in 2004. Baker had even
      argued
      against Israel's right to exist while he was a college student
      decades ago.

      The Press Release from the ZOA, Zionist Organization of America,
      below brings
      back some memories from 2004.

      "All Four of Kerry's Possible Candidates for U.S. Envoy To Arab-
      Israeli Talks
      Are Biased Toward Arabs

      March 02, 2004
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Contact: Morton A. Klein, 212-481-1500
      NEW YORK- All four of the reported candidates for a future position
      of U.S.
      envoy to Arab-Israeli negotiations have records of pro-Arab bias,
      the Zionist
      Organization of America (ZOA) has warned.

      The New York Times reported on March 1, 2004, that U.S. Senator John
      Kerry has
      mentioned former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger and former
      Mideast envoy
      Dennis Ross as possible choices for the post. Previously Senator
      Kerry also
      named former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State
      James Baker as
      additional candidates.

      SANDY BERGER - IMPLICITLY JUSTIFIED ARAB VIOLENCE: Berger, who
      served as
      National Security Adviser in the Clinton administration, is
      remembered for his
      statements implicitly justifying Palestinian Arab violence against
      Israelis. In
      a speech he gave at Tel Aviv University on May 21, 2000, Berger said
      that
      Palestinian Arab violence was not only a "curse," but also "a
      blessing" because
      it might speed up the negotiating process. In a similar vein, Berger
      said before
      a meeting of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish
      Organizations
      on July 31, 2000, that "If there is no agreement, we may be sadder
      and bloodier,
      but then maybe they'll be prepared to make a deal." (Washington
      Times, Aug.4,
      2000) Berger's remarks were strongly criticized by Jewish leaders,
      and sixteen
      Members of Congress signed a letter of protest.

      JAMES BAKER - "JEWS FORGET INSULTS AS SOON AS THEY SMELL CASH": His
      frequent
      public condemnations of Israel earned Baker a reputation as the most
      anti-Israel
      Secretary of State in U.S. history. In 1992, Baker even used a four-
      letter
      obscenity when referring to American Jews who disagreed with his
      pressure on
      Israel. Jerusalem Post editor David Bar-Illan revealed that Baker
      once remarked,
      "Don't worry, Jews remember the Holocaust, but they forget insults
      as soon as
      they smell cash." N.Y. Post, March 6, 1992)

      DENNIS ROSS - "HIS VISION OF PEACE RESTS ON PRESSURING ISRAEL":
      After serving as
      James Baker's right-hand man in the Bush administration, Ross became
      chief U.S.
      envoy to the Arab-Israeli talks in the Clinton administration. He
      frequently
      pressured Israel to make one-sided concessions and almost never
      criticized the
      Palestinian Arabs' constant violations of the Oslo accords. An
      investigative
      report in The New Republic (July 8, 1996) concluded that Ross's
      vision of a
      Mideast peace agreement "rested on pressuring Israel," and even
      after Baker left
      office, Ross "wound up executing Baker's anti-Israel agenda." In
      October 2003,
      Ross brought three officials of Yasir Arafat's terrorist Fatah
      movement to
      Washington, where he presented them as moderates and arranged for
      them to meet
      with Members of Congress and journalists.

      JIMMY CARTER - WAS "BUOYED BY THE INTIFADA": During his presidency,
      Carter
      frequently pressured and criticized Israel. After leaving the
      office, Carter
      continued to exhibit a strong pro-Arab bias. A 1998 book (The
      Unfinished
      Presidency) by Prof. Douglas Brinkley, director of the Eisenhower
      Center at the
      University of New Orleans, concerning Carter's post-presidential
      activities,
      revealed that Carter was "buoyed by the Intifada [and] passed on to
      the
      Palestinians through Arafat, his congratulations" (p. 247); Carter
      privately
      believes "that the Israeli government ran an apartheid state" (p.
      239); Carter
      claims that Yasir Arafat has been "unfairly maligned in the Western
      press" (p.
      121); and Carter "drafted on his home computer the strategy and
      wording for a
      generic speech Arafat was to deliver soon for Western ears" (p. 341).

      ZOA National President Morton A. Klein said: "For there to be any
      chance of
      facilitating a durable and meaningful peace, a U.S. envoy must have
      an
      appreciation of the importance of the Israel-America alliance so
      that the Arabs
      understand from the beginning that the U.S. will not join them in
      pressuring
      Israel for one-sided concessions. In addition, the U.S. envoy must
      recognize
      that the Palestinian Arabs have consistently violated all of the
      agreements they
      previously signed with Israel, and that the Palestinian Authority
      does not
      accept Israel's right to exist as demonstrated by its official maps,
      letterhead,
      and school textbooks, which show "Palestine" replacing all of
      Israel. None of
      these four candidates meet those basic criteria."

      The Zionist Organization of America, founded in 1897, is the oldest
      pro-Israel
      organization in the United States. The ZOA works to strengthen U.S.-
      Israel
      relations, educates the American public and Congress about the
      dangers that
      Israel faces, and combats anti-Israel bias in the media and on
      college campuses.
      Its past presidents have included Supreme Court Justice Louis
      Brandeis and Rabbi
      Dr. Abba Hillel Silver.

      More Recent Press Releases from the Zionist Organization of America
      http://www.zoa.org

      may be read by clicking on the urls in the blurbs below:

      December 08, 2006
      ZOA: Baker Report Ignores 13 Years Of Palestinian Terror, Incitement
      & Failed
      Concessionary Policies, Yet Calls For More Israeli Concessions To
      Hamas/PA
      Regime
      http://www.zoa.org/2006/12/zoa_baker_repor.htm

      November 29, 2006
      ZOA Condemns Jimmy Carter's Anti-Israel Book As Inaccurate, Shallow
      & Vicious
      http://www.zoa.org/2006/11/zoa_condemns_ji.htm

      Among the many valid reasons given for the recent defeat of many
      Republicans in the 2006 House and Senate elections:
      the perception that rather than continuing to defend America from
      arab terrorists, President Bush was ready to turn over American
      ports to arabs
      in the so-called "Dubai Ports Deal", and went along with forcing
      Israel to agree
      to a so-called "cease-fire" in Lebanon, which was sought by the
      terrorists
      themselves so that they could be re-armed by Syria and Iran, and was
      wrong from
      the get-go
      in urging the creation of a so-called "palestinian" state.

      That view has since been strengthened by the post-election firing of
      Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, and his replacement as Secretary of
      Defense by a
      protege of former Secretary of State Baker, and by the acceptance of
      the
      resignation of John Bolton as UN Ambassador, rather than renaming
      him to his
      post as US
      Ambassador to the United Nations in another recess appointment.

      A recent widely circulated post praising Ambassador Bolton is
      excerpted from below:

[...]

      We hope that whoever President Bush chooses to replace Ambassador
      Bolton will have the same wonderful courage that Ambassador Bolton
      brought to
      the United Nations. Suggestions include Virginia Senator George
      Allen and
      Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, both of whom have been
      courageous supporters
      of Israel.

      We praise the current President Bush for having had the courage to
      name John
      Bolton as US Ambassador to the United Nations in the first place. We
      wish that
      he had stuck by Ambassador Bolton and renamed him as US Ambassador
      to the United
      Nations in another recess appointment.

      What do you think?
      Who should President Bush choose as his next Ambassador to the
      United Nations?
      You can read about "BCCI's later involvement in financing the
      Presidential library, charities, and travel of President Jimmy
      Carter…" at
      http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/11intel.htm
      "In fact the owner of BCCI built President Carter's library…"
      source: http://www.conservativeusa.org/klayman2.htm
      "Carter's Arab Funding May Color Israel Stance
      Dave Eberhart, NewsMax
      Monday, April 29, 2002
      Former president Jimmy Carter, who has recently emerged as one of
      the Jewish state's most vocal critics for its current West Bank anti-
      terror policy, has been the recipient of tens of millions of dollars
      from Arab sources.
      Recently, for example, Carter suggested that the U.S. government
      should threaten Israel with the possible loss of U.S. aid if it
      continues its military offensive in the West Bank.
      He also said the U.S. should demand that U.S.-supplied weapons be
      used only for defensive purposes.
      Mr. Carter's views are often aired by the American media as those of
      a neutral mediator—the man who engineered the 1979 Camp David
      Accords that has given Israel and Egypt a cold peace in the decades
      since.
      But far from being neutral, Carter has a track record as a long-time
      critic of Israel who has often displayed pro-Arab sympathies.
      It was his Carter Center that joined with the National Democratic
      Institute to put the seal of legitimacy on the first elections ever
      held by Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in January
      1996. Voters, who turned out in droves, elected Yasser Arafat
      president, and he has been in power ever since.
      In 1990 Carter ghostwrote a speech for Arafat, hoping to polish the
      Palestinian leader's tarnished image as, at best, being soft on
      terrorism. Arafat won the Nobel Peace prize for the Oslo Accords.
      In 1989 President Carter interceded with Israeli Defense Minister
      Yitzhak Rabin on behalf of activist Terry Boullata, a field worker
      for the Palestinian Human Rights Information Center. Boullata had
      been imprisoned in November 1987 for allegedly belonging to a
      terrorist organization called the Democratic Front for the
      Liberation of Palestine. Boullata was allowed out in 1989 to come to
      the United States for treatment of hepatitis.
      The Carter Center: Follow the Money
      But it's the financing behind Georgia's Carter Center and the Jimmy
      Carter Library that raises serious doubts that the former president
      is, in actuality, a wholly neutral intermediary in the troubled
      region.
      NewsMax has reviewed annual reports that indicate millions of
      charitable dollars have flowed into the center from His Majesty
      Sultan Qaboss bin Said Al Said of Oman, Jordan, from the Kingdom of
      Saudi Arabia, and from the Government of the United Arab Emirates.
      Furthermore, hundreds of thousands of dollars have been donated to
      the center by the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development. H.R.H.
      Prince Moulay Hicham Ben Abdallah of Morocco has also contributed
      tens of thousands of dollars.
      There are no corresponding contributions apparent from Israeli
      sources, however.
      As the center's literature describes, "The Carter Center and the
      Jimmy Carter Library were built in large measure thanks to the early
      leadership and financial support of the Carter Center founders."
      Three of those generous founders:
      Agha Hasan Abedi
      On July 5 1991, banking regulators targeted Abedi's Bank of Credit
      and Commerce International (BCCI), triggering a worldwide financial
      tidal wave. To date, accountants and lawyers have managed to recoup
      (discounting fees) $7 billion out of the $12 billion money pit that
      fueled the BCCI fraud.
      Agha Hasan Abedi, a banker and self-styled mystic on first-name
      terms with Carter, created BCCI in 1972. Abedi had charmed seed
      money out of Arab sheikhs, organizing camel races and hunting trips.
      The Bank of America bought into BCCI as a way of buying access to
      the Middle East, holding a 30 percent stake at one point before
      dumping its holdings in the late-1970s.
      His Majesty King Fahd of Saudi Arabia
      Last month Saudi Arabia transferred $15.4 million in advance aid to
      the Palestinian Authority. The transfer was made to a controversial
      Arab League fund, a product of the recent Arab summit in Beirut.
      According to Arab spokesmen, the money was hurriedly contributed due
      to the dire plight of the Palestinian people as a result of "vicious
      Israeli aggression."
      King Fahd, Crown Prince Abdullah and Defense Minister Prince Sultan
      jointly donated $4.8 million to launch the fund pot, while Interior
      Minister Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz sent an estimated $800,000 to
      the families of "155 Palestinian martyrs" killed in the current
      Israeli offensive.
      Hasib J. Sabbagh
      Sabbagh is the chairman of Consolidated Contractors Co. of Oman,
      Jordan. He is also the Senior Fellow for the Middle East of the
      Council on Foreign Relations. Founded in 1921, the Council on
      Foreign Relations is a membership organization contributing ideas to
      U.S. foreign policy. The Council publishes Foreign Affairs, a
      leading journal on global issues.
      Individual, foundation, and corporate donors, together with
      multilateral development assistance programs, support the Carter
      Center's current annual operating budget of around $30 million.
      Among the center's announced priorities: promoting democracy, global
      development, human rights and conflict resolution.
      Carter said he has spent much time raising money, but he hopes that
      a campaign to raise a $150 million endowment will lighten the load….
      the center's executive director for operations, said an estimated
      $110 million has already been raised for the endowment.
      U.S. Leverage Over Israel
      Carter also said that U.S. aid of $10 million a day should give the
      U.S. some leverage over Israeli policy…"
      SOURCE: http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/4/28/112225.shtml
      BCCI's clients for money laundering included Panamanian General
      Manuel Noriega, for whom it managed some $23 million of criminal
      proceeds out of its London branches; Pablo Escobar, of the Medellin
      cartel; Rodriguez Gacha, of the Medellin cartel; and several members
      of the Ochoa family.(48)
      Bribery
      Bribery was a key component of BCCI's strategy for asset growth
      worldwide, from the earliest days of the bank. In some case, the
      recipients of funding from BCCI may not have considered the payments
      to be "bribes," but simply a mechanism by which BCCI obtained what
      it wanted from an official, and in return the official helped BCCI,
      such as BCCI's payments to two of the Gulf emirs in return for the
      use of their names as nominees for the purchase of First American.
      In other cases, the bribes were naked and direct quid pro quos, such
      as BCCI's payments to Central Bank officials in return for Central
      Bank deposits in countries like Peru. In other cases, BCCI made
      campaign contributions to politicians, such as it did with General
      Zia in Pakistan and Carlos Andres Perez in Venezuela. In still other
      cases, BCCI's payments came in the guise of charitable
      contributions, and provided BCCI with an entree to generate deposits
      from others, as in the case of President Jimmy Carter. Among the
      Americans who BCCI provided with financial assistance in addition to
      Carter, were U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Andrew Young,
      Bert Lance, and Jesse Jackson. Abroad, important figures with
      extensive contact with BCCI included former British Prime Minister
      James Callahan, then United Nations Secretary General Javier Perez
      de Cueller, Jamaican prime minister Edward Seaga, Antiguan prime
      minister Lester Byrd; a large number of African heads of state; and
      many Third World central bank officials.
      The courting of important governmental and political figures was a
      task ordinarily undertaken directly by Abedi, usually with
      considerable secrecy. Typically, a local BCCI official would make
      contact with a key national political figure, who would then be
      passed on to Abedi. Abedi would then assess that official's needs
      and try to put together a transaction suitable to the official's
      status and needs. (49)
      In some cases, Abedi would not make a "bribe" per say, but would
      instead use BCCI's resources to build goodwill, which he in turn
      would then make use of to generate assets elsewhere. This was
      Abedi's approach, for example, with President Jimmy Carter, who
      received millions of dollars in BCCI funding for charitable
      activities, and then travelled with Abedi to developing nations,
      providing Abedi with entry to their leaders and, often, the assets
      of their central banks.(50)
      Abedi used a similar approach with Jesse Jackson and Andrew Young,
      both of whom had business expenses paid for by BCCI, and either
      solicited business for BCCI in return, or offered to do so. (51)
      When it came to General Noriega, bribes were unnecessary, as BCCI
      provided the far more important service of laundering $23 million of
      his money and keeping it safe from other governments and his
      eventual successors in Panama by insuring its disappearance
      following his indictments. But to demonstrate BCCI's hospitality,
      the bank still made sure that it provided Noriega with an expensive
      gift—a $25,000 persian carpet, hand delivered with Abedi's regards
      to Noriega by Alauddin Sheikh.(52)
      In other cases, however, BCCI would make direct payments to key
      officials, sometimes in suitcases filled with cash. As BCCI officer
      Abdur Sakhia stated in interviews with Subcommittee staff:
      Abedi's philosophy was to appeal to every sector. President Carter's
      main thing was charity, so he gave Carter charity. [Pakistani
      President] Zia's brother in law needed a job, he got a job.
      [Bangldeshi President] Ashraf's mistress needed a job, she got a
      job. Admission of your son to a top college, he would arrange it
      somehow.(53)
      According to Sakhia,
      There was a world wide list of people who were in the payoff of
      BCCI. It was my understanding this included the family of Indira
      Ghandi, Ashad of Bangladesh, and General Zia. In Africa, most of the
      leaders of Africa in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mugabe, and others, were all
      understood to have received money.(54)
      According to both Sakhia and BCCI's Paris manager, Nazir Chinoy,
      BCCI official Alauddin Sheikh would sometimes take cash to people at
      Abedi's request.(55) Both officials stated that they understood that
      Nigerian central bankers were paid off in cash by Mr. Sheikh at a
      World Bank meeting in Seoul, Korea.(56)
      Chinoy said that such payments were typically made in great secrecy,
      but that it was obvious to him and others at BCCI what was going on.
      He described one such apparent payment by Abedi to President Mugabe
      in Zimbabwe.
      I accompanied Mr. Abedi and Mr. Sheikh to the opening of a joint
      venture with Zimbabwe. I believe that to get permission to open that
      venture, money was paid to President Mugabe and to Nkomo. The basis
      I am making this statement was that when I went there with Mr.
      Sheikh, I was acting as Mr. Abedi's personal assistant or secretary.
      Mr. Sheikh went off on his own to see Nkomo who was the chief
      opposition at that time, and then he went off to see President
      Mugabe, and when they talked they wanted me out of the room. A
      number of us were there for the opening. But only Sheikh and Abedi
      left in the room with these two political figures. Otherwise I was
      accompanying him and acting with him. Sheikh carried a bag with him.
      At the time I had a suspicion that you don't get permission as a
      foreign bank so easily without a payment. Without favors, it
      wouldn't be so easy to get a bank that fast, especially given the
      opposition of the British banks who were already established there.
      And I can think of no other reason for the exclusion of everyone but
      Sheikh and Abedi.(57)
      The New York District Attorney's indictment of BCCI alleged that in
      1986 and 1987, BCCI president Abedi and number two official, Swaleh
      Naqvi, opened a bank account in a Swiss bank in Panama to "transmit
      bribes and kickbacks in the amount of a percentage of the deposits
      maintained by the Central Reserve Bank of Peru to the two senior
      officers of that bank," in a total amount of $3 million, in return
      for Peru maintaining large central bank deposits in BCCI.(58) These
      bribes were paid following a meeting involving BCCI officials and
      Peruvian president Alan Garcia. According to BCCI official Akbar
      Bilgrami, the purpose of the meeting was to make sure that President
      Garcia would not undercut the decision by the Central Bank and that
      if the payments were made to the Central Bankers, BCCI would indeed
      receive the Peruvian deposits in return. Upon returning from Peru,
      Shafi told Bilgrami that Garcia had given his blessing to the
      transaction.(59)…
      Support of Terrorism and Arms Trafficking
      BCCI's support of terrorism and arms trafficking developed out of
      several factors. First, as a principal financial institution for a
      number of Gulf sheikhdoms, with branches all over the world, it was
      a logical choice for terrorist organizations, who received payment
      at BCCI-London and other branches directly from Gulf-state patrons,
      and then transferred those funds wherever they wished without
      apparent scrutiny. Secondly, BCCI's flexibility regarding the
      falsification of documentation was helpful for such activities.
      Finally, to the extent that pragmatic considerations were not
      sufficient of themselves to recommend BCCI, the bank's pan-third
      world and pro-Islam ideology would have recommended it to Arab
      terrorist groups.
      Arms trafficking involving BCCI included the financing of Pakistan's
      procurement of nuclear weapons through BCCI Canada, as documented in
      the Parvez case, involving a Pakistani who attempted to procure
      nuclear related materials financed by BCCI through the United
      States. (61)
      In a November 22, 1991 letter to the Subcommittee, the CIA stated
      that "the Agency did have some reporting [as of 1987] on BCCI being
      used by third world regimes to acquire weapons and transfer
      technology," but was unwilling to elaborate on the nature of this
      activity in public.(62)
      In early August, 1991, the Committee was provided with documents
      from the Latin American and Caribbean Region Office (LACRO) of BCCI,
      describing the offer for sale by the Argentine air force of 22
      Mirage aircraft for $110 million. (63) The planned sale was to have
      been made to Iraq, as part of Saddam Hussein's massive military
      buildup prior to the Gulf war. BCCI was acting as the broker for the
      transaction, which was to take place in August or September of 1989,
      but not completed as a result of a dispute within the Argentine
      military itself.(64) Arms sales involving BCCI from Latin America to
      the Middle East remain, as of April 1992, under active investigation
      by U.S. law enforcement.(65)
      Abu Nidal
      In the United Kingdom, a key window on BCCI's support of terrorism
      was an informant named Ghassan Qassem, the former manager of the
      Sloan Street branch of BCCI in London. Qassem had been given the
      accounts of Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal at BCCI, and then
      proceeded, while at BCCI, to provide detailed information on the
      accounts to British and American intelligence, apparently as a paid
      informant, according to press accounts based on interviews with
      Qassem.(66)
      As of 1986, the information obtained about Abu Nidal's use of BCCI
      was sufficiently detailed as to justify dissemination within the
      U.S. intelligence community.(67)
      In July, 1987, as a result of the information provided by Qassem, a
      State Department report concerning Abu Nidal and Qassem,
      declassified in 1991 at the request of the Subcommittee, describes
      Abu Nidal's use of BCCI.
      The ANO commercial network comprises several businesses created over
      the past seven years with the long-term goal of establishing
      legitimate trading enterprises in various countries, gaining
      experience in commercial trade, and making a profit for the
      group. . . The general manager of the commercial network and the
      principal agent in gray-arms transactions is Samir Hasan Najm al-Din
      (Samir Najmeddin). He has directed many of ANO's commercial
      activities, both licit and illicit, from his offices in the INTRACO
      building in Warsaw, Poland.. . . He has maintained a general account
      at a major West European Bank [BCCI in London] from which he
      transfers money to individual company accounts at local banks. He
      maintains joint control of each company's ban accounts, along with
      the company manager, and he is responsible for forwarding all major
      contracts to Sabri al-Banna for final approval.(68)
      Following dissemination of this material by the U.S., the U.S.
      coordinated efforts to shut down the financing of the activities
      exposed in its targeting of Abu Nidal through BCCI-London, with some
      success.(69)
      Other terrorist groups continued to make use of BCCI, including
      one "state sponsor of
      of terrorism," and the Qassar brothers, Manzur and Ghassan, who have
      been associated with terrorism, arms trafficking, and narcotics
      trafficking in connection with the Government of Syria, and with the
      provision of East Bloc arms to the Nicaraguan contras in a
      transaction with the North/Secord enterprise paid for with funds
      from the secret U.S. arms sales to Iran.(70)"
      source: http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/04crime.htm
      BCCI had branches in Iraq, Syria, Peru, Colombia, Cuba, etc.
      you can find more details at:
      http://www.fas.org/irp/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/05foreign.htm

      "Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2006 10:29 a.m. EST
      Jimmy Carter Backs Dubai Ports Deal
      The Bush administration's plan to turn over control of six major
      U.S. ports to a Dubai company suffered another blow on Monday, when
      former President Jimmy Carter endorsed the deal.
      "The overall threat to the United States and security, I don't think
      it's exists," Carter told CNN's Wolf Blitzer.
      "My belief is that the president and his secretary of state, the
      Defense Department and others have adequately cleared the Dubai
      government or organization to manage their ports," Carter added. "I
      don't think there's any particular threat to our security."
      Carter praised Dubai's handling of ports in the United Arab
      Emirates, saying: "I've been to Dubai, and I've seen the remarkable
      port facilities they have there, perhaps the best in the world."
      Carter's endorsement of the Dubai deal, however, is sure to heighten
      concern that it's the wrong thing to do - especially considering his
      reputation as the worst president of the 20th Century.
      In 1979, the Georgia Democrat helped usher in the era of Mideast
      terrorism against the U.S. by yanking American support from the Shah
      of Iran.
      The shah was succeeded by the Ayatollah Khomeini, whose
      revolutionary guards took over the U.S. embassy and held Americans
      who worked there hostage for 444 days.
      Carter also presided over the giveaway of the Panama Canal, whose
      vital Atlantic and Pacific ports are now controlled by Communist
      China."
      source:
      http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/21/103107.shtml
      Former President Jimmy
      Carter is notorious for his connections with one of Murtha's many
      contributors: Lockheed. Indeed Murtha contributors include Cassidy
      & Associates a contributor which was "registered to represent foreign
      clients from Brazil, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Saudi Arabia,
      and Taiwan." speaking of representing foreign interests:
      Billy Carter, "There's a lot more Arabs than there is Jews."
      http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/carter_b.htm
      Billy Carter (William A. Carter, III) is the brother of former
      President Jimmy Carter. In 1978, Carter met with a group of
      businessmen who were interested in meeting him and for the purpose
      of visiting Libya. The Libyans had advised the group they were
      interested in investing in businesses in Atlanta, Georgia. The group
      finally got together in Plains, Georgia and extended their
      invitation to Billy Carter to visit Libya. A group of businessmen
      and some lawyers from the Plains area went to Libya where they were
      entertained by the American Representatives and some Libyan
      representatives, but never met with Qadaffi, the Libyan leader.
      After the return home, no business deals were ever made between the
      groups, but Billy Carter did secure some personal loans from the
      Libyan Government."
      14th July 1980 Finally registers as a foreign agent of the Libyan
      government after receiving a $220,000 loan from Libya.
      22nd July 1980 Congress announces intention to hold Billygate
      hearings. White House
      admits asking Billy Carter to use influence with Libya to help
      Americans held hostage in Iran.
      26th July 1980 Americans for Democratic Action call for the
      resignation of Attorney
      General Ben Civiletti for his alleged role in Billygate.
      28th July 1980 Sen. Dennis DeConcini says fugitive financier Robert
      Vesco claims
      responsibility for Billy Carter-Libyan connection, which was an
      effort to embarrass Carter administration.
      30th July 1980 Justice Dept. says Billy Carter lied about his first
      payment from
      Libya; documents reveal Billy received access to State Dept. cables
      from his
      brother, the president. White House confirms president discussed
      cables with
      brother. Libya reportedly sought aid from Billy Carter in acquiring
      C-130
      transport planes embargoed by President Carter.
      31 Jul 1980 Billy Carter denies he saw classified State Dept. cables
      or that he
      lied to Justice Dept. about payment from Libya.
      4th August 1980 President Carter holds a press conference
      on "Billygate." That same
      day, Senate hearings begin on Billy Carter's representation of the
      Libyan government.
      2nd October 1980 Senate subcommittee issues report on its hearings
      into Billy Carter's Libyan connection.
      30th October 1980 White House Press Secretary Jody Powell accuses
      Republican senators
      of leaking Justice Dept. report criticizing President Carter for his
      role in
      Billy Carter/Libya affair."
      "FOREIGN DESK | October 22, 1981
      AMERICAN PILOTS REPORTED FLYING IN LIBYAN FORCES
      By JEFF GERTH and PHILIP TAUBMAN, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES;
      THIS ARTICLE IS BASED ON REPORTING BY JEFF GERTH and PHILIP TAUBMAN
      and WAS WRITTEN BY MR. GERTH.
      American pilots and aircraft mechanics, including military veterans,
      are flying and maintaining Libyan Air Force planes in an operation
      organized by Edwin P. Wilson, a former American intelligence agent,
      according to associates of Mr. Wilson. The American flight
      personnel, as well as pilots from Canada and Britain, have been
      recruited and paid by companies controlled by Mr. Wilson and, at
      least since last year, have flown a Libyan fleet of American-made
      cargo and transport aircraft and helicopters, the associates said.
      One Western pilot recruited by Mr. Wilson said that American pilots
      flew helicopters in support of the Libyan invasion of Chad this
      year, but the extent to which Western recruits are involved directly
      in Libyan combat missions could not be determined. The pilot said he
      was paid about $3,000 a month. Coordination in London Some of the
      American pilots and mechanics have been recruited in the United
      States by other Americans. Most of the operation is coordinated
      through a London office that represents several African and European
      companies controlled by Mr. Wilson, according to his associates."
      NATIONAL DESK | October 23, 1981
      RECRUITER FOR PROJECT IN LIBYA SOUGHT PERSONNEL IN ALABAMA
      By EDWARD T. POUND, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES
      Working under a contract to maintain Libyan aircraft and train
      pilots, Edwin P. Wilson, a former American intelligence agent who is
      now a fugitive in Libya, sent a retired Army sergeant here this year
      to offer $60,000 to $72,000 a year to pilots, mechanics and other
      flight personnel if they would work for the Libyan Air Force.
      According to several people familiar with the recruiting effort,
      Kenneth G. Beck, the Army veteran, returned in July to southeast
      Alabama, where he lived before going to North Africa to work for Mr.
      Wilson, in an effort to recruit a dozen pilots and other specialists
      for Mr. Wilson's Libyan operations. Some of those interviewed by Mr.
      Beck said that his main recruiting pitch was that the job was a
      chance to earn a lot of money in a short time. It could not be
      determined how many Americans Mr. Beck recruited. Only one, Richard
      L. Love, a helicopter pilot, is known to have signed on with Mr.
      Wilson's London-based company, Western Recruitment Inc., as a result
      of Mr. Beck's efforts. Officials at Gatwick Airport at London said
      today that Mr. Love and several others left this morning on a flight
      to Libya."
      " In 1989 President Carter interceded *** on behalf of *** Terry
      Boullata, a field worker for the Palestinian Human Rights Information
      Center. Boullata had been imprisoned in November 1987 for allegedly
      belonging to a terrorist organization called the Democratic Front for
      the Liberation of Palestine. Boullata was allowed out in 1989 to come
      to the <br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)