The Lady Vanishes

  • fellowtruthteller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      The Lady Vanishes

      The Lady Vanishes was a 1938 spy murder mystery movie directed by
      Alfred
      Hitchcock. The Lady we are writing about however,is U.S. Secretary
      of State,
      Condoleezza Rice,according to her official biography at
      http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/41252.htm
      was born on November 14th,1954. She too seems to have vanished.

      How close was Secretary of State Rice to her predecessor Secretary
      of State
      Powell?

      As of this writing we do not know whether the winds of change
      gathering at the
      White House and in Vice President Cheney's office will soon sweep
      the cobwebs
      out of the US State Department.

      Whether Secretary Rice will also be swept away by those winds of
      change and
      resign in the coming days or weeks remains to be seen.

      Vice President Cheney must be enraged over the fact that it was
      Colin Powell's
      long time friend and deputy Richard Armitage who was the original
      source of the
      Valerie Plame leak to Robert Novak.

      President Bush must be furious at Armitage.

      Was Armitage acting on his own or on Colin Powell's orders?
      Will Powell and Armitage be called to testify under oath regarding
      that key
      question?

      This all comes on the heels of Secretary Rice's colossal blunder at
      the UN in
      supporting the notorious "cease fire resolution", rather
      than vetoing it as she should have. Secretary Rice appears to have
      been
      outwitted by the French, et.al. It is increasingly apparent that
      there will be
      no "second resolution" at the U.N. to assure that the situation in
      Lebanon "does
      not return to the status quo ante".

      The deteriorating situation in Lebanon as chunk after chunk of the
      so-called
      Star Trek resolution, 1701 (which was the number of the mythical
      Star Ship
      Enterprise on Star Trek) appears not to have "boldy gone where no
      one has gone
      before", in fact it is becoming clear to everyone that UN Resolution
      1701, the
      infamous "cease fire resolution" will never be fully implemented.

      There will never be adequate border patrols to assure that Syria is
      not used as
      a conduit for Persian (a.k.a. "Iranian") arms, or for arms from
      Syria, for that
      matter, many of which may include weapons of mass destruction
      transferred to
      Syria before the liberation of Iraq. Nor will Hezbollah ever be
      disarmed, much
      less dismantled.

      All of this guarantees of course that Hezbollah will once again be
      attacking
      Israel,and probably with weapons of mass destruction mounted on even
      longer
      range Persian (a.k.a. "Iranian") missiles.

      That the Israeli response to such attacks would be massive and
      nuclear should be
      doubted by no one.

      Secretary Rice's blunder at the U.N. may have set the stage for a
      nuclear
      apocalypse.

      An alternate theory is that France is pursuing a more mature game of
      chess. That
      theory has it that France has all along sought to be tossed into the
      so-called
      "Briar Patch" of Lebanon and Syria.

      Brer Rabbit, we recall kept on yelling: "Please don't throw me in
      that Briar
      Patch", when it was the Briar Patch that Brer Rabbit really wanted
      to be thrown
      into all along.

      By playing hard to get and allowing the situation in Lebanon to
      deteriorate
      further, France, which first floated the "French will lead the
      international
      force in Lebanon" story in the first place and then did a vanishing
      act of its
      own may well be seeking to be placed at the head of such an
      internatonal force.

      What is France's real agenda? If there is a hidden agenda on the
      part of France
      it ought not to be terribly hard to decipher.

      France has millions of unruly Moslems who have burned thousands of
      cars in
      France in riot after riot. Many of those Moslems have also engaged in
      anti-Semitic attacks in France against the 600,000 member French
      Jewish
      community.

      Many of those Moslems are from North Africa, but rather than return
      to the
      wastelands of North Africa France may be seeking a more fertile
      field to play
      in. Lebanon and Syria are former French colonies. Lebanon contains a
      sizeable
      Christian minority. It should be recalled that when Syria first
      entered Lebanon
      it claimed falsely that it was there "to protect the Christians".
      Nothing could
      have been further from the truth however as Syria ended up shelling
      hundreds of
      thousands of Lebanese Christians without a peep of complaint from
      the U.N. Syria
      has falsely claimed to have withdrawn from Lebanon in the aftermath
      of what is
      widely believed to have been the Syrian assassination of Lebanese
      Prime Minister
      Rafik Hariri. What is not so widely discussed however is the million
      of so
      so-called "civilians" that Syria has inserted into Lebanon, a nation
      whose
      population without that Syrian influx is under 4 million.
      Those Syrian fifth columnists constitute a threat to Lebanese
      independence and
      are a force to be reckoned with, although they are never discussed
      at places
      like the U.N.

      The hidden agenda of France may be to enter Lebanon and later Syria
      to stay.
      France after all needs a place to deport its millions of unruly
      Moslems. A
      Lebanon occupied by France would be just such a place.

      Moreover, Syria has undeveloped oil reserves. Lebanon and Syria are
      also close
      enough to France to provide France with a sea of oil to tap once
      Lebanon and
      Syria become French colonies once more.

      And France is a nuclear power. It can play its own hand in Lebanon
      and Syria if
      events play out according to this alleged hidden French agenda.

      Israel could not hope or even think of fighting France. The 600,000
      French Jews
      would be potent "human shields" for France to hide behind. Nor could
      Israel
      defeat a nuclear armed France even if it wanted to. The best Israel
      could hope
      for is that those 600,000 French Jews might be allowed to immigrate
      to Israel.

      That Secretary of State Rice was blind-sided by France in all of
      this is
      becoming increasingly clear. This was not the first time that
      Ms.Rice was
      bamboozled. This is indeed a dangerous Universe.
      There is no doubt that we live in a Dangerous Universe. What can
      we do to make life safer for everyone? Let us start with America's
      Secretary of State,who clearly is an improvement over those who
      have served as U.S. Secretary of State in the recent past. However,
      although we strongly supported Condi Rice when she rightfully said
      that we do not wish to see the smoking gun of Saddam's weapons of
      mass destruction arsenal,(which were used to murder the Kurds and
      the Iranians, neither were gassed with jelly beans or
      cotton candy, and which we believe were transferred to Syria and
      buried, like the monster Saddam himself, under various rocks, from
      which people like Saddam had hoped to crawl up from under),to be a
      mushroom cloud we are much less than happy about her support for a
      so-called "palestinian" state. The world needs no
      more terrorist states. The world needs to rid itself of the
      terrorist states it already has. So we are quite disturbed about
      news articles the the one immediately below and urge that you
      contact Secretary of State Rice and President Bush and urge that
      they abandon their call for a so-called "palestinian" state.

      "Rice: U.S. Could Help Train, Equip Palestinian Forces
      February 2, 2005
      By Arshad Mohammed
      WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Condoleezza
      Rice on Tuesday held out the possibility of U.S.
      support to train and equip Palestinian forces as she
      seeks to promote Middle East peace on a visit to the
      region...

      "Obviously the Palestinians are going to need help in
      terms of training and equipping their new security
      forces and I am sure that there will be ways that we
      might be involved in that," she said.

      "We have a long way to go to fully capable Palestinian
      security forces but there also has to be a will," she
      said. "I do think that Abbas showed will in acting
      quickly. We hope that they'll continue to act and to
      act more effectively over the next (several) weeks."

      It was tragic that Secretary Rice was taken in by Holocaust Denier
      Abu Abbas,
      a.k.a. Abu Mazen. Lest anyone believe that the mad man in Iran, who
      is a denier
      of The
      Holocaust
      and who supports Hamas is the only modern-day-Haman, in fact the so-
      called "moderate" Mahmoud Abbas (also known as Abu Mazen) is also a
      Holocaust Denier
      read on:
      "Likely PA Prime Minister a Holocaust-Denier
      By Rafael Medoff
      Jewishsf.com | February 26, 2003 c.e.
      While European Union officials praised Yasser Arafat's decision to
      appoint his first-ever prime minister, historians of the Holocaust
      winced at the news that a leading candidate for the job is the
      author of a book denying that the Nazis murdered 6 million Jews.
      The candidate is Mahmoud Abbas (also known as Abu Mazen), Arafat's
      second in command, and his book, published in Arabic in 1983,
      translates as "The Other Side: The Secret Relations Between Nazism
      and the Leadership of the Zionist Movement." It was originally his
      doctoral dissertation, completed at Moscow Oriental College.
      The book repeatedly attempts to cast doubt on the fact that the
      Nazis slaughtered 6 million Jews, according to a translation
      provided by the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles.
      "Following the war," he writes, "word was spread that six million
      Jews were amongst the victims and that a war of extermination was
      aimed primarily at the Jews...The truth is that no one can either
      confirm or deny this figure. In other words, it is possible that the
      number of Jewish victims reached six million, but at the same time
      it is possible that the figure is much smaller—below one million."
      Abbas denies that the gas chambers were used to murder Jews, quoting
      a "scientific study" to that effect by French Holocaust-denier
      Robert Faurisson.
      Abbas' book then asserts: "The historian and author Raoul Hilberg
      thinks that the figure does not exceed 890,000."
      That is, of course, utterly false. Hilberg, a distinguished
      historian and author of the classic study "The Destruction of the
      European Jews," has never said or written any such thing.
      Abbas believes the 6 million figure is the product of a Zionist
      conspiracy: "It seems that the interest of the Zionist movement...is
      to inflate this figure so that their gains will be greater," he
      writes. "This led them to emphasize this figure in order to gain the
      solidarity of international public opinion with Zionism. Many
      scholars have debated the figure of six million and reached stunning
      conclusions—fixing the number of Jewish victims at only a few
      hundred thousand."
      Another falsehood. In fact, no serious scholar proposes such a
      figure.
      After reducing the magnitude of the Nazi slaughter so that it no
      longer seems to have been a full-scale Holocaust, Abbas seeks to
      absolve the Nazis by blaming the Zionist leadership for whatever
      killings did take place. According to Abbas, "A partnership was
      established between Hitler's Nazis and the leadership of the Zionist
      movement...[the Zionists gave] permission to every racist in the
      world, led by Hitler and the Nazis, to treat Jews as they wish, so
      long as it guarantees immigration to Palestine."
      In addition to encouraging the persecution of Jews so they would
      immigrate to the Holy Land, the Zionist leaders actually wanted Jews
      to be murdered, because—in Abbas' words—"having more victims meant
      greater rights and stronger privilege to join the negotiation table
      for dividing the spoils of war once it was over. However, since
      Zionism was not a fighting partner—suffering victims in a battle—it
      had no escape but to offer up human beings, under any name, to raise
      the number of victims, which they could then boast of at the moment
      of accounting."
      Perhaps sentiments of this sort were common within Abbas' circle of
      graduate students in the Soviet Union in the 1970s. But in the free
      world, such propaganda has never been accepted as serious
      scholarship.
      In most Western countries, Holocaust-deniers have been treated as
      pariahs. In Canada and many European countries, Holocaust-denial is
      a criminal offense. In New Zealand, Canterbury University recently
      issued an apology for having accepting a master's thesis denying the
      Holocaust, while the French minister of education revoked a doctoral
      degree that was awarded to a Holocaust-denier by the University of
      Nantes. A Polish university professor who denied the Holocaust was
      suspended from his position. The Japanese publisher Bungei Shunju
      shut down one of its magazines for printing an article denying the
      Holocaust.
      International pressure compelled Croatian President Franjo Tudjman
      to publicly retract statements in his book doubting that the
      Holocaust had taken place. Austrian Freedom Party leader Jorg Haider
      was ostracized by the international community for his remarks
      praising members of the SS, as was French politician Jean Marie Le
      Pen, for questioning the existence of the gas chambers and
      belittling the significance of the Holocaust. A recent poll found 64
      percent of Americans believe world leaders should likewise refuse to
      meet with Abbas.
      Yet some in the media have treated Abbas with kid gloves, to say the
      least. The official BCC News Profile of Abbas reports: "A highly
      intellectual man, Abbas studied law in Egypt before doing a Ph.D. in
      Moscow. He is the author of several books." The New York Times
      recently characterized Abbas as "a lawyer and historian...He holds a
      doctorate in history from the Moscow Oriental College; his topic was
      Zionism." Neither the BBC nor the Times offered any further
      explanation as to the contents of Abbas' writings.
      Bestowing the title "historian" upon Mahmoud Abbas awards his
      writings a stature they do not deserve, and deals a grievous insult
      to every genuine historian.
      If Abbas is elevated to the post of prime minister of the
      Palestinian Authority, not only the media but the entire
      international community will be confronted with the question of
      whether Abbas deserves to be treated any differently from Tudjman,
      Haider and Le Pen.
      The writer is visiting scholar in the Jewish studies program at the
      State University of New York-Purchase College. His latest book is "A
      Race Against Death: Peter Bergson, America and the Holocaust," co-
      written with David S. Wyman."
      from: http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=6340

      Her official biography states that Secretary of State Rice "was a
      member of the
      boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab
      Corporation,
      the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre
      Dame, the
      International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and...In addition, her
      past board
      service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica
      Corporation, Hewlett
      Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for
      International Peace,
      The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East
      European
      Studies..."

      So where is she now?

      Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage has confirmed that
      he was the first Bush Administration official to leak
      Valerie Plame's name to Ultra-right-wing extremst and notorious anti-
      Israel CNN Crossfire
      co-host Robert Novak.
      Not so long ago Novak, interviewing Colin Powell, of all people,
      quoted
      his fellow anti-Israel lunatic Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd:
      "MR. NOVAK: Mr. Secretary, Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd of West
      Virginia, the
      president pro tem of the Senate, often speaks his mind. He did this
      week, and we'll put it up on the screen. He said, "If we expect to
      kill every terrorist in the world, that's going to keep us going
      beyond doomsday. How long can we afford this?"
      http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2002/8624.htm
      How long could the terrorists afford to continue to be wiped out by
      the US government we wonder? Well I guess that question never
      occurred
      to Byrd or to the online Egyptian newspaper AL-AHRAM which used the
      same quote from Byrd. Clearly Byrd hates the idea of wiping out arab
      terrorists.
      http://www.ahram.org.eg/weekly/2002/576/re74.htm
      Published in Cairo by AL-AHRAM established in 1875 Al-Ahram Weekly
      Online 7 - 13 March 2002 Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd of West
      Virginia: "If we expect to kill every terrorist in the world, that's
      going to keep us going beyond doomsday," he said. "How long can we
      afford this?" The thing is, though clearly Byrd, Novak, and Al Ahram
      aren't interested, is that we cannot afford not to continue to go
      after terrorists like arafat and bin Laden and their master Saddam
      Hussein. All of whom we guess must be among Byrd's and Novak's
      biggest fans.

      What happens if Ms. Rice's predecessor's aide, Deputy Secretary of
      State Richard
      L. Armitage ends up testifying that he fed Bob Novak the Valerie
      Plame story on
      orders from his then boss Colin Powell?
      Could Powell end up in jail if he ends up mishandling his own
      testimony on the
      matter, should such testimony by demanded.
      If it is not demanded we need to ask why not?
      Ex-Colleague Says Armitage Was Source of CIA Leak
      By R. Jeffrey Smith
      Washington Post Staff Writer
      Tuesday, August 29, 2006; Page A06
      The leak of information about an undercover CIA employee that
      provoked a special
      prosecutor's investigation of senior White House officials came from
      then-Deputy
      Secretary of State Richard L. Armitage, according to a former
      Armitage colleague
      at the department.
      Armitage told newspaper columnist Robert D. Novak in the summer of
      2003 that
      Valerie Plame, the wife of a prominent critic of the Iraq war,
      worked for the
      CIA, the colleague said. In October of that year, Armitage admitted
      to senior
      State Department officials that he had made the remark, which was
      based on a
      classified report he had read.
      Powell's history as a witness is somewhat checkered to say the least.
      "It was Powell whom President Reagan summoned to the White House to
      help National Security Advisor Frank Carlucci clean up the mess after
      the Iran-contra debacle." Below is excerpted from:
      http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/colin8.html
      "Behind Colin Powell's Legend-Saving Reagan By Robert Parry & Norman
      Solomon
      "We need you, Colin," the familiar voice of new national security
      adviser
      Frank Carlucci pleaded over the phone in December 1986. "This is
      serious. Believe me, the presidency is at stake." With those words,
      Colin Powell re-entered the Iran-contra affair, a set of events he
      had
      dangerously advanced in January 1986when he arranged missile
      deliveries to Iran , while keeping Pentagon colleagues in the dark.
      But
      just as Powell played an important behind-the-scenes role in those
      missile shipments, he would be equally instrumental in the next
      phase,
      the scandal's cover-up in 1987-88 The documentary record-some of it
      recently declassified at the request of The Consortium-reveals
      disturbing new questions about Colin Powell's own "character and
      competence," including clear discrepancies in his sworn testimony.
      But in late 1986, as Carlucci called Powell in West Germany , the
      White
      House needed some cool heads and some steady hands. President Reagan
      was reeling day after day from disclosures of the reckless
      arms-for-hostage scheme with Iran and diversion of money to the
      Nicaraguan contra rebels.
      After sounding Powell out about his willingness to join the National
      Security
      Council staff, Carlucci made sure he could wall Powell off from the
      scandal. On
      Dec. 9, 1986, the
      White House obtained from the FBI a statement that Powell was not a
      criminal suspect. The next day, Carlucci asked Defense Secretary
      Caspar Weinberger "to call Peter Wallison, WH Counsel-to tell them
      Colin had no connection with Iran arms sales-except to carry out
      President's order," Weinberger wrote down. He then "called Peter
      Wallison-Told him Colin Powell had only minimum involvement on
      Iran ."
      With Carlucci satisfied that his old friend, Powell, could sidestep
      the spreading Iran-contra stain, Reagan formally asked the general on
      Dec. 12, 1986, to quit his post as commander of V Corps in West
      Germany and to become deputy national security adviser. Powell
      accepted, taking over those new duties on Jan. 2, 1987. As always,
      Powell took to his task energetically.
      To put the Iran-contra scandal behind the White House, he help ed
      draft a
      limited mea-culpa speech by Reagan on March 4, 1987. The president
      admitted that
      the
      arms-for-hostage deal "was a mistake." But Powell failed to force in
      some phrasing exonerating his patron, Weinberger, and by inference,
      Colin Powell. A Confident General Powell testified before both the
      congressional committees and special prosecutor Lawrence Walsh.
      Under oath, the general asserted that he did not know about the
      early 1985
      arms shipments to Iran a key point given the fact that those arms
      transfers represented a felony under the Arms Export Control Act. He
      insisted that he did not know that U.S. weapons were being shipped
      until mid-January 1986 when President Reagan signed a "finding" that
      made the deliveries legal.
      The distinction was crucial to Powell's
      defense of himself and Weinberger. Powell stuck to his story even as
      evidence emerged proving that he and Weinberger were reading
      top-secret intelligence intercepts in September and October 1985 in
      which Iranians described the delivery of U.S. weapons. The Consortium
      obtained one of those reports, dated Oct. 2, 1985. It was marked
      "SECRET SPOKE ORCON" and was signed by Lt. Gen. William Odom, the
      director of the National Security Agency. The sensitive electronic
      intercept had picked up a phone conversation a day earlier between
      two
      Iranian officials, identified as "Mr. Asghari" who was in Europe and
      "Mohsen Kangarlu" who was in Tehran . "A large part of the
      conversation
      had to do with details on the delivery of several more shipments of
      weapons into Iran ," wrote Odom in the "exclusive" report which went
      only to top officials at CIA, the NSC and the Pentagon. "Asghari then
      pressed Kangarlu to provide a list of what he wanted the `other four
      planes' to bring. ... Kangarlu said that he already had provided a
      list. Asghari said that those items were for the first two planes.
      Asghari reminded Kangarlu that there were Phoenix missiles on the
      second plane which were not on the first. ...[Asghari] said that a
      flight would be made this week."
      When asked about this and other
      touchy points by congressional investigators on June 19, 1987, Powell
      pleaded a weak memory. He repeatedly used phrases such as "I cannot
      specifically recall." At one point, Powell said, "To my recollection,
      I don't have a recollection." When asked if Weinberger kept a diary,
      Powell responded, "The Secretary, to my knowledge, did not keep a
      diary. Whatever notes he kept, I don't know how he uses them or what
      he
      does with them. He does not have a diary of this ilk, no." As for his
      own notebooks from the Iran-contra period, Powell announced that he
      had destroyed them.
      Weinberger offered similar testimony, claiming
      that he took notes "occasionally, but comparatively rarely" and that
      they were not "kept in any formal way." Whatever their condition,
      however, Weinberger's notes were not delivered to Congress or to the
      special prosecutor. That gap of evidence was crucial in the failure
      of
      the early Iran-contra investigations to breach the White House
      stonewall. Fall-Guy Plan In 1987, the White House cover story-blaming
      the scandal on Oliver North and other out-of-control NSC
      officers-held, even though North had publicly denounced the official
      version as a "fall-guy plan." Thanks in no small part to Powell's
      fencing with his inquisitors, the investigation was blunted, Ronald
      Reagan's presidency was saved and George Bush could tell the voters
      that he had been "out-of-the-loop" on Iran-contra.
      The Consortium investigation found that Powell's records at the NSC
      and at the
      Pentagon revealed no information about-or apparent interest
      in-longstanding allegations that the contras engaged in cocaine
      trafficking -(Ironically, recent disclosures in federal court records
      cite Bermudez as the contra leader who gave a green light to massive
      contra cocaine shipments into the United States .) After Congress
      ended
      its Iran-contra investigation in fall 1987, Powell mounted a
      counter-attack -To his surprise, though, Powell was not quite through
      with Iran-contra. In 1991, Walsh's investigators stumbled upon
      Weinberger's long-lost notes which had been filed away in an obscure
      corner of the Library of Congress. Among those papers was a note from
      Oct. 3, 1985. It indicated that Weinberger had received information
      from an NSA intercept that Iran was receiving "arms transfers"-the
      point that Powell had tried so hard to obscure.
      The belated discovery of Weinberger's diaries led to the former
      defense
      secretary's
      indictment for obstruction of justice. The notes also prompted Powell
      to submit a pro-Weinberger affidavit that stunningly contradicted
      Powell's own earlier sworn testimony in which he had insisted that
      Weinberger maintained no "diaries." In the affidavit dated April 21,
      1992, however, Powell argued that he regarded Weinberger's daily
      notes
      as a "personal diary" and that it was "entirely possible" that
      Weinberger would not have understood these personal papers to be
      within the scope of the Iran-contra document requests. Though the
      contradiction was clear, Powell was never held to account.. The only
      threat to Powell's reputation would be the trial of Caspar Weinberger
      which was scheduled to start in January 1993 and which listed Powell
      as a prospective witness. Bush -pardon(ed ) Weinberger, on Christmas
      Eve 1992. Weinberger thus was spared a trial-and Powell was saved the
      embarrassment of public attention over his dubious role in the
      Iran-contra affair."
      Speaking of
      Condoleeza Rice, http://www.usmm.org/socalships.html "Ships of
      Standard Oil of California "SoCal," [now Chevron] -- since 1895 The
      Pacific Coast Oil Company, later known as Standard Oil of California
      or "SoCal", and now known as Chevron, was founded in 1895
      Condoleeza Rice 1993 Bahamian" Yes, that is right she has an oil
      company ship named after her. "Professor Condoleeza RICE | Political
      Interviews | "I am a corporate director of the Chevron Corporation"
      http://www.tiesweb.org/interviews/rice.htm
      http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~arch/Info/fg.html

      Public Service
      "11-17-1995 Powell Receives Enron Prize for Public Service Photo
      caption: Colin Powell receives an ovation upon accepting the first
      Enron Prize, presented by James A. Baker, III, 61st secretary of
      state.
      "Thomas E. White became the 18th Secretary of the Army on May 31,
      2001, after nomination to that post by Bush and confirmation by the
      United States Senate. From 1990 to 2001, Mr. White was employed by
      Enron Corporation and held various senior executive positions."
      http://www.army.mil/leaders/Secarmy/bio.htm
      "Press Release (Bush) intends to nominate Thomas E. White, Jr. to be
      Secretary of the Army. He is currently the Vice-Chairman of Enron
      Energy Services. He has served as Chairman and CEO of Enron
      Operations
      Corporation and as Chairman and CEO of Enron Power Corporation since
      joining Enron in 1990. After 23 years, White retired from the U.S.
      Army as a Brigadier General. He served as Executive Assistant to
      General Colin Powell while he served as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
      of Staff from 1989 to 1990"
      http://www.ktroop.com/gen_white.htm
      "Powell, the son of General Colin Powell, is widely expected to be
      named FCC chairman once Bush takes office. General Powell is a
      member of AOL's board of directors."
      http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/6627.html
      " Colin Powell SECRETARY OF STATE Corporate Connections: America
      Online; Time Warner; Gulfstream Aerospace; General Dynamics As a
      civilian, Colin Powell served on two corporate boards: Gulfstream
      Aerospace and America Online. Gulfstream Aerospace makes specialty
      jets for Hollywood movie stars and for foreign governments, like
      Kuwait and Saudi Arabia-two countries Powell got to know well in his
      role as chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Gulf War.
      The
      company was bought out by defense contractor General Dynamics in
      1999.
      The former general also earned a nice windfall when AOL finally
      merged
      with Time Warner earlier this year. His stock in the company
      reportedly increased in value by $4 million. Powell's son, Michael,
      was the only commissioner at the Federal Communications Commission
      who
      advocated letting the AOL-Time Warner deal go through without
      scrutiny. President Bush recently named Michael Powell chairman of
      the
      FCC. The agency will soon consider whether to allow AOL to keep its
      monopoly on the "instant messaging" technology it developed for the
      Internet. Feel free to distribute or cite this material, but please
      credit the Center for Responsive Politics.
      http://www.opensecrets.org/bush/cabinet/cabinet.powell.asp

      Wrong Team In Washington Powell
      "Colin L. Powell will again embarrass the American people by meeting
      with Yassir Arafat as if he wasn't the murderer of Americans. He will
      again ignore the operational connections to Osama Bin Laden,
      Saddam Hussein and Iranian-backed Hezb'Allah. The soft General - now
      Sec. of State, fits the profile of a State Department apparachnik who
      will deal with any dictator or war criminal if it meets the
      requirements of commerce. No pride, no dignity, no ethics - just a
      vast shadow government ready to sell America for whatever price it
      will bring. Selling out our Allies to Arab Islamists is merely a
      step lower than their usual practice."Above excerpted
      from a widely quoted piece by Emmanuel Winston.
      "Enslave your
      girls and women, harbor anti-U.S. terrorists and destroy every
      vestige
      of civilization in your homeland, and the Bush administration will
      embrace you. That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43
      million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent
      anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift,
      announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in
      addition to other recent aid, makes the United States the main
      sponsor
      of the Taliban and rewards that "rogue regime."

      "from the secretary of state of the United States the other day.
      (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) COLIN POWELL, U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE: This kind
      of
      response (Note the response Powell was referring to was a response to
      arab terrorism!!! Quite a double standard! ) is too aggressive and it
      just serves to increase the level of tension and violence in the
      region."
      "Sharon told Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) in a
      telephone conversation, that Israel had the same right to defend
      itself as the United States, an Israeli political source said. Raanan
      Gissin, a senior aide to Sharon, said the Hamas activists killed in
      Tuesday's strike had been planning new operations in Jerusalem, where
      a high security alert is in effect and a pipe bomb exploded in a park
      on Wednesday."
      "Take Secretary of State Colin L. Powell. His portfolio, which is
      valued at between $18 million and $65 million, is chock full of
      high-tech stocks. For instance, he has holdings in the $500,000 to
      $1 million range in such companies as Cisco Systems, EMC Corporation
      and JDS Uniphase."

      ""When Colin Powell called himself a "Rockefeller Republican" -
      pundits found nothing odd He may
      well have picked it up from Christine Todd Whitman. Powell and New
      Jersey's first woman governor have become thick lately, and Nelson
      Rockefeller runs through her life like a trout line."

      "Colin Powell,
      former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was awarded the first
      Enron Prize for Distinguished Public Service Monday during the
      Inaugural Annual Conference of the James A. Baker III Institute for
      Public Policy. Powell was chosen for his service to his country at
      the
      highest level in both military and civilian positions and for his
      contributions to foreign policy and national security. James A.
      Baker,
      III, the 61st secretary of state, and Kenneth Lay, chairman and chief
      executive officer of Enron Corp., presented the award at a ceremony
      prior to the afternoon panel discussion on politico-military factors
      and the future of warfare. "I am deeply honored to be the first
      recipient of the Enron Prize for Distinguished Public Service,"
      Powell
      said. In his remarks, he thanked both the Baker Institute and Enron
      Corp. I am pleased to begin this new phase of my life right here at
      the Inaugural Conference of the Baker Institute. It's a good place to
      start it." Powell said the institute represents a very successful
      collaboration between the corporate leaders in Houston and the
      leaders
      of Rice University. Powell said we are now moving from a world of
      danger to a world in which, with the end of the Cold War and
      containment, "we have lost the rules that gave us the means to make
      appropriate choices. "New rules are needed. So there will be new
      elements of power, new ways of competing and the ideas and structure
      that we will need to deal with this new world will emerge from places
      of learning, places of study and places of introspection, such as the
      Baker Institute. I predict this will be one of the leading
      institutions of that kind," he said.
      The inscription on the prize states: "In recognition of his
      outstanding contributions to the foreign policy and national security
      of the United States of America The James A. Baker III Institute for
      Public Policy Awards the Enron Prize for Distinguished Public Service
      to General Colin L. Powell (retired) at Rice University, November
      1995." The Enron Prize is made possible by a generous gift from the
      Enron Corp., which has established an endowment for the prize."

      THIS FROM AN ANTI-ISRAEL SOURCE: "only Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd
      (D-WV) had a
      perfect record of zero compliance with
      recommendations of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee
      (AIPAC), Israel's principal Washington, DC lobby." Quite a turn of
      phrase there, in case it slipped by you, the anti-Israel source
      quoted
      immediately above used the word "compliance" , a buzz-word among
      classical anti-Semites in their "vast Jewish conspiracy" theories.
      THIS FROM a very different sort of source entirely: "Friends, if ever
      there was a definitive list of the anti-Israel members of Congress,
      we
      have it now. It's the 23 members-two in the Senate and 21 in the
      House-who voted against yesterday's House and Senate resolutions of
      support for Israel. If you are a U.S. citizen and contribute to
      political campaigns in the U.S., you may want to contribute to the
      opponents of the members below, regardless of party, so long as these
      incumbents' opponents are pro-Israel. If you don't or can't
      contribute
      to campaigns, please feel free to forward this list to anyone who
      might. No other issue and no U.S. political party allegiance is more
      important in these times than the safety and security of Eretz
      Yisrael. (the land of Israel) The New York Times, Friday, May 3, 2002
      Following is a list of legislators who voted "No" on yesterday's
      resolutions of support for Israel:
      SENATORS VOTING "NO" (2)
      Robert Carlyle Byrd , Dem., W.Va. ,
      Ernest Hollings, Dem.S.C.
      HOUSE MEMBERS VOTING "NO" (21)
      Neil Abercrombie, Dem., Hawaii,
      David E. Bonior, Dem., Mich.,
      Rick Boucher, Dem., Va.,
      Gary A. Condit, Dem., Calif.,
      John Conyers Jr.,Dem., Mich.,
      Peter A. DeFazio, Dem., Ore.,
      John D. Dingell, Dem., Mich.,
      Earl F. Hilliard, Dem., Ala.,
      Jay Inslee, Dem., Wash.,
      Jesse L. Jackson Jr., Dem., Ill.
      (Please note this is Jesse Jacksons son),
      Gerald D.Kleczka, Dem., Wisc.,
      Barbara Lee, Dem., Calif.,
      Cynthia A. McKinney,Dem., Ga.,
      George Miller, Dem., Calif.,
      David R. Obey, Dem., Wisc.,
      Ron Paul, Rep., Tex.,
      Thomas E. Petri, Rep., Wisc.,
      Nick J. Rahall II, Dem.,W.Va.,
      Dana Rohrabacher, Rep., Calif.,
      Nick Smith, Rep., Mich.,
      Fortney Pete Stark, Dem., Calif.,
      Below is excerpted from:
      http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?
      q=YzM3YjhhZGIxZjExNjIxOGU2NTEyZjE0ODFhYmFlNzY=
      "Will Joe and Valerie Wilson Sue Richard Armitage? No.
      They just want Cheney, Rove, and Libby.

      By Byron York

      The new attorney for Joseph and Valerie Wilson says the Wilsons do
      not plan to add former State Department official Richard Armitage to
      their lawsuit against top Bush administration officials...In July,
      the Wilsons sued Cheney, Rove, and Libby, along with ten other un-
      named co-defendants, charging that were part of a conspiracy
      to "discredit, punish and seek revenge against the plaintiffs that
      included, among other things, disclosing to members of the press
      Plaintiff Valerie Plame Wilson's classified CIA employment."
      Armitage was not named in the suit....This week, a new book, Hubris,
      by the Nation's David Corn and Newsweek's Michael Isikoff, confirmed
      widespread rumors that Armitage was the original leaker in the CIA
      controversy.

      A few weeks ago, the Wilsons made changes in their legal team,
      joining forces with the liberal advocacy group Citizens for Ethics
      and Responsibility in Washington (CREW). The Wilsons also hired the
      San Francisco-based firm Cotchett, Pitre, Simon & McCarthy.
      Constitutional lawyer Erwin Chemerinsky, who helped write the
      lawsuit, remains with the case.....Citizens for Responsibility and
      Ethics in Washington is best known for its filing of ethics
      complaints against members of Congress, the overwhelming majority of
      them Republicans. Sloan is a former aide to Democratic lawmakers
      John Conyers and Charles Schumer.

      — Byron York, NR's White House correspondent, is the author of the
      book The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy: The Untold Story of How
      Democratic Operatives, Eccentric Billionaires, Liberal Activists,
      and Assorted Celebrities Tried to Bring Down a President — and Why
      They'll Try Even Harder Next Time.

      Here yet another internet posting tracks the terrorists' best friend
      on
      Capitol Hill, Robert Carlyle Byrd : "Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2002 Sen.
      Byrd Gripes
      About War on Terror Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd , D-W.Va., the famous
      former Ku
      Klux Klansman, complained today, "There's no end in sight in our
      mission in Afghanistan." The remarks "were among the harshest in
      Congress yet about the anti-terrorism campaign," the Associated Press
      noted today. Long ago saddled with the nickname Senator Pork for his
      notoriously wasteful squandering of taxpayer dollars, Byrd controls
      spending legislation as chairman of the Senate Appropriations
      Committee. Though he loves bringing boondoggle make-work projects
      home
      to West Virginia, he has begun expressing reluctance about footing
      the bill for ending terrorism." Byrd's obstructionism to fighting
      terrorists like arafat and bin Laden and their master: Saddam
      Hussein,
      seems to have no bounds, "Thursday, October 10, 2002 By a 66-31 vote,
      the Senate rejected an amendment by Sen. Robert Carlyle Byrd D-W.Va.
      - the
      most outspoken Senate opponent of the war resolution - that would
      have ended the authorization for him to use force against Iraq after
      two years." Fortunately a number of people on and off the net have
      been keeping track of the terrorists' best friend on Capitol Hill, US
      Senator Robert Carlyle Byrd of West Virginia, for instance: "WHY AM I
      NOT
      SURPRISED? Finally, Congress has somewhat meekly voiced its support
      for Israel. The Senate version of the bill was symbolic and largely
      omitted language from the House which placed blame on Arafat. Despite
      the watering down in the Senate, two members voted against it: "The
      two most senior Democrats, Sens. Robert Carlyle Byrd of West Virginia
      and
      Ernest "Fritz" Hollings of South Carolina, still opposed it, however
      Byrd is a former Klansman. " http://opinionated.blogspot.com/
      "This ex-Klansman wasn't just a passive member of the nation's most
      notorious hate group. According to news accounts and biographical
      information, Sen. Byrd was a "Kleagle"-an official recruiter who
      signed up members for $10 a head. He said he joined because it
      "offered excitement" and because the Klan was an "effective force" in
      "promoting traditional American values." Nothing like the thrill of
      gathering `round a midnight bonfire, , tying nooses, and promoting
      white supremacy with a bunch of your hooded friends. The ex-Klansman
      allegedly ended his ties with the group in 1943. He may have stopped
      paying dues, but he continued to pay homage to the KKK. (someone) in
      West Virginia discovered a letter Sen. Byrd had written to the
      Imperial Wizard of the KKK three years after he says he abandoned the
      group. He wrote: "The Klan is needed today as never before and I am
      anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state
      in the Union." The ex-Klansman later filibustered the landmark 1964
      Civil Rights Act-for more than 14 hours. He also opposed the
      nominations of the Supreme Court's two black justices, liberal
      Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas. Meanwhile, author
      Graham Smith recently discovered another letter Sen. Byrd wrote after
      he quit the KKK, this time attacking desegregation of the armed
      forces. The ex-Klansman vowed never to fight "with a Negro by my
      side.
      Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in
      the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours
      become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest
      specimen
      from the wilds."
      http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/2001/march/mm_byrd_kkk.htm
      below is excerpted from:
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?
      file=/c/a/2006/08/31/EDG0SJ7NHV1.DTL&type=printable
      "by - Debra J. Saunders
      Thursday, August 31, 2006
      WITH the disclosure that former Deputy Secretary of State Richard
      Armitage was the initial source for Robert Novak's July 2003 column
      that outed CIA operative Valerie Wilson—also known as Valerie
      Plame, wife of former ambassador and Iraq-war critic Joseph Wilson --
      it is now clear that all the hype about a Bush-inspired vendetta
      against the Wilsons is bunk....No one knows how much special
      prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has spent in taxpayers' money
      investigating this leak, but figure the probe came with a hefty
      price tag because he has been in business since December 2003. We do
      know now, however, that when Fitzgerald set up shop, the secretary
      of State and someone at the Department of Justice knew that Armitage
      leaked the story....What did America learn? Rove confirmed Wilson's
      identity. Big deal. As Mark Corallo, who served as Rove's spokesman
      during this controversy, noted, Rove "never made a single phone call
      to a single journalist on this matter. He simply answered two phone
      questions from two journalists." For confirming, not initiating, the
      Armitage leak, Rove was hauled before a grand jury five times.
      Rove is not the only White House aide made to jump through hoops.
      Some 2,000 White House staffers also were hopping as they had to
      produce phone records, diaries and correspondence.
      Then-New York Times reporter Judith Miller spent 85 days behind bars
      before disclosing who told her about Wilson—even though she never
      wrote about the CIA operative's identity. That's another colossal
      waste of taxpayers' dollars, which would have been better spent
      jailing a real criminal.
      Fitzgerald has charged Scooter Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's
      former top aide, with perjury and obstruction of justice. But the
      special prosectuor's failure to charge the original leaker makes one
      question whether Fitzgerald was mindful of his office's mandate --
      that a special prosecutor's probe, as Attorney General Janet Reno
      wrote in 1999, "be conducted ably, expeditiously and thoroughly, and
      that investigative and prosecutorial decisions will be supported by
      an informed understanding of the criminal law and Department of
      Justice policies." Instead, Fitzgerald's actions have been plodding
      and heavy-handed, landing a journalist who didn't write on the leak
      behind bars, while the leaker remained anonymous and free....As for
      the time table, while Deputy U.S. Attorney General James B. Comey
      told reporters that Fitzgerald had a reputation for working quickly,
      Fitzgerald has spent years investigating a leak that he has failed
      to prosecute, although the Libby prosecution is pending.
      The irony is that as Joe Wilson charged that the White House was
      pursuing him as an act of revenge, he emerges as a partisan bent on
      punishing those with whom he disagreed. Wilson, after all, once
      bragged that he wanted to see Rove "frog-marched out of the White
      House in handcuffs." The Wilsons filed a silly lawsuit suit against
      Libby, Cheney and Rove.
      Armitage was not an Iraq war hawk, so it should come as no surprise
      that Wilson's attorney has given Armitage a pass....Yes, it is about
      the abuse of government power. The victims are the innocent staffers
      and journalists who had to face the threat of jail over three years
      while Armitage was too ashamed to come forward and admit what he had
      begun.
      E-mail: dsaunders@....
      Page B - 9
      WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ANTI-SEMITISM !
      By Jeff Dunetz,
      "Virulent anti-Semitic
      campaigns are underway-
      not only in the Middle East,
      but in Europe and America,
      too.
      I have an uncontrollable urge to run up all 102
      floors of the Empire State building, shimmy my
      way up the TV antenna and start screaming,
      begging, pleading as loud as I can: "Wake up,
      world! The war in Israel is not just about land! It's also about
      hatred of the Jewish people!"
      Most American Jews will probably think I'm paranoid, a person who
      finds a pogrom coming out of every closet. But if we look at the
      words
      and deeds of Islamic activists-in the Mideast and beyond-we see
      virulent ant-Semitic messages being distributed regularly to a broad
      audience.
      A few hours of Internet research came up with hundreds of examples of
      Arab leaders and official press attacking Jews. They don't attack
      Israel on how it deals with Palestinian issues; this state-sponsored
      anti-Semitism drudges up ancient stereotyping and blood libel. And
      this rhetoric has expanded into Europe, the U.S., and the UN.
      For starters, the Palestinian media has called for the killing of all
      Jews. In October 2000, after two Israeli solders were lynched in
      Ramallah, Dr. Ahmad Abu Halabiya gave a sermon on official
      Palestinian
      Authority television:
      Have no mercy on the Jews no matter where they are, in any country.
      Fight them, wherever you are.
      Wherever you meet them, kill them. Wherever you
      are, kill those Jews and those Americans who are like
      them - and those who stand by them... (translation by
      http://www.memri.org/
      Doesn't sound like purely a land battle to me.
      Let's look at Israel's neighbors. During the
      Pope's trip to Syria last year, President
      Assad said,
      They (the Jews) tried to kill the
      principles of all religions with the
      same mentality in which they
      betrayed Jesus Christ in the
      same way they tried to betray
      and kill the Prophet
      Muhammad. (ADL, October
      2001)
      Maybe the moderate Saudis are a little more reasonable? In December
      2001, the Saudi government-controlled newspaper, Al-Watan, published
      report entitled, "The Jewish organizations are implementing their
      strategic and hellish plan to take over the world":
      The Jews act by means of the control of the media,
      politics and the economy in order to weaken the
      non-Jewish groups and bring about their
      disintegration." (translation by memri.org)
      In the Saudi government daily Al-Riyadh, columnist Dr. Umayma Ahmad
      Al-Jalahma of King Faysal University in Al-Dammam, wrote last week
      (March 10, 2002) on "The Jewish Holiday of Purim." The following are
      excerpts of the article:
      Special Ingredient For Jewish Holidays is Human Blood From Non-Jewish
      Youth:
      For this holiday, the Jewish people must obtain human blood so that
      their clerics can prepare the holiday pastries. In other words, the
      practice cannot be carried out as required if human blood is not
      spilled!!
      The Jews' spilling human blood to prepare pastry for their holidays
      is
      a well-established fact, historically and legally, all throughout
      history. This was one of the main reasons for the persecution and
      exile that were their lot in Europe and Asia at various times.
      How the Jews Drain the Blood From Their Young Victims:
      I would like to tell you how human blood is spilled so it can be used
      for their holiday pastries. The blood is spilled in a special way.
      How
      is it done? For this holiday, the victim must be a mature adolescent
      who is, of course, a non-Jew-that is, a Christian or a Muslim. His
      blood is taken and dried into granules. The cleric blends these
      granules into the pastry dough; they can also be saved for the next
      holiday. In contrast, for the Passover slaughtering, about which I
      intend to write one of these days, the blood of Christian and Muslim
      children under the age of 10 must be used, and the cleric can mix the
      blood [into the dough] before or after dehydration. The Actions of
      the
      Jewish Vampires Cause Them Pleasure:
      Let us now examine how the victims' blood is spilled. For this, a
      needle-studded barrel is used; this is a kind of barrel, about the
      size of the human body, with extremely sharp needles set in it on all
      sides. [These needles] pierce the victim's body, from the moment he
      is
      placed in the barrel.
      These needles do the job, and the victim's blood drips from him very
      slowly. Thus, the victim suffers dreadful torment-torment that
      affords
      the Jewish vampires great delight as they carefully monitor every
      detail of the blood-shedding with pleasure and love that are
      difficult
      to comprehend. (translation by memri.org)
      Egypt, the first Arab country to make peace with Israel, recently ran
      a TV series called "Horseman Without a Horse," a 30-part series based
      on the anti-Semitic forgery, "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion."
      Sheikh Muhammed Abd Al Hadi La'afi, responsible for Religious
      Teaching
      and Instruction in the Office of the Wakf, wrote in the official P.A.
      newspaper Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (May 18, 2001):
      The battle with the Jews will surely come... the decisive Muslim
      victory is coming without a doubt, and the prophet spoke about in
      more
      than one Hadith and the Day of resurrection will not come without the
      victory of the believers [the Muslims] over the descendents of the
      monkeys and pigs [the Jews] and with their annihilation.
      These hate-filled teachings proliferate even in America. The
      Washington Post reported (March 2002) on Muslim elementary and high
      schools in the U.S.:
      [One] 11th-grade textbook, for example, says one sign of the Day of
      Judgment will be that Muslims will fight and kill Jews, who will hide
      behind trees that say:
      'Oh Muslim, Oh servant of God, here is a Jew hiding behind me. Come
      here and kill him.' Several students of different ages, all of whom
      asked not to be identified, said that in Islamic studies, they are
      taught that it is better to shun and even to dislike Christians, Jews
      and Shi'ite Muslims... [In addition,] maps of the Middle East hang on
      classroom walls, but Israel is missing.
      CONSPIRACY THEORIES
      Beyond the traditional anti-Semitic slurs, there is a new strategy
      that strikes at the heart of our Jewish heritage, seeking to deny our
      history. Remember the dismantling of Joseph's Tomb, the attack on
      Rachel's Tomb, and the ancient Jericho synagogue that was destroyed
      by
      the Palestinians? Their purpose was to turn Jewish history into a
      myth. The Mufti of Jerusalem has said of the Temple Mount:
      "There is not the smallest indication of the existence of a Jewish
      temple on this place in the past." (Boston Globe, April 2001)
      The Mufti's comments have been echoed by Arafat's cabinet, and much
      of
      the official press of the Arab world. In some sort of kow-tow, even
      The New York Times described the Temple Mount as what "Israel claims
      to have been the site of the first and second Temples." The Temple is
      mentioned in the Jewish Bible, the Christian Bible, the Koran, and
      every history book of the past 3,000 years. But it is now just a
      claim.
      And let's not forget how, throughout the Arab
      world, the World Trade Center attack was
      reported as a Jewish-led conspiracy.
      At a meeting in Damascus in October 2001
      with a delegation from the British Royal
      College of Defense Studies, Syrian Defense
      Minister Mustafa Tlass said the Mossad
      planned the ramming of two hijacked
      airliners into the WTC towers. He also told
      the British visitors that the Mossad had given thousands of Jewish
      employees at the towers advance warning not to go to work on
      September
      11. (Jerusalem Post, October 19, 2001) The slander took hold.
      Paknews.com, a sophisticated English-language news site based in
      Pakistan, found that 71 percent of its readers believed the report of
      a September 11 "Jewish conspiracy."
      The Holocaust is another point to examine.
      The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin
      al-Husseini, lived in Berlin from 1941-45. He
      was in charge of supervising Axis
      propaganda to Muslims all over the world.
      When Jews fleeing Hitler's ovens were able
      to obtain emigration visas to Palestine, the
      Mufti was instrumental in getting those visa
      cancelled. He met several times with Hitler,
      and personally recruited 20,000 Muslims in
      Bosnia to serve in the Waffen SS. (See:
      http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/muftism.htm)
      This tradition continues today. "Mein Kampf," previously banned by
      Israel, has been allowed by the PA and was sixth on the Palestinian
      best-seller list. A senior commander in Arafat's personal bodyguard
      is
      Fawzi Salem al-Mahdi (known as "Abu Hitler"), whose two sons bear the
      first names Hitler and Eichmann. The official Arab mouthpieces are
      among the ranks of the most stubborn Holocaust deniers. And American
      neo-Nazi and white supremacist parties have found in Muslims a new
      audience to advance theories discredited in the west for more than 50
      years.
      BEYOND THE MIDDLE EAST
      Anti-Jewish sentiments are spreading far beyond the Middle East.
      France has one of the largest Jewish communities in the world, and is
      also one of least hospitable to its Jewish residents. CRIF (an
      umbrella group of Jewish organizations in France) reported that
      between September 2000 and November 2001 there were 330 anti-Semitic
      incidents in metro Paris alone, nearly one per day. The study also
      reported that the perpetrators are primarily young Arab immigrants.
      (ADL, January 2002)
      Britain's Chief Rabbi, Rabbi Jonathan Sacks, has said that Jews of
      his
      country are suffering from the worst anti-Semitism since the
      Holocaust. The contributing factors of this anti-Semitism have been
      the rise in Islamic fundamentalists who use the Israeli-Arab conflict
      as an excuse to create open displays of anti-Semitism. (Simon
      Weisental Center, February 2002)
      In December 2001, the largest neo-Nazi march since World War Two took
      place in Berlin.
      At the world conference on Racism in Durban this past September,
      literature with hook-nosed Jewish caricatures were distributed inside
      while thousands of South African Muslims marched outside carrying
      banners saying that Hitler should have finished the job. (Jerusalem
      Center for Public Affairs, December 2001)
      Copies of the libelous "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" are selling
      fast in Malaysia and Pakistan. "The Bulawayo Chronicle," which
      supports the government of Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe,
      recently published a 3,000-word article alleging Jewish
      responsibility
      for the ongoing economic problems facing the country.
      America is not exempt, either. In the year
      2000, 73 percent of all reported hate crimes
      on the basis of religion were against Jews,
      according to FBI figures.
      The spreaders of hate have a strong ally in
      the press. Organizations such as the BBC,
      The New York Times and the once-proud
      CBS News, have subtly manipulated
      terminology and provided unbalanced
      reporting. When Israel suffers a terrorist
      attack and retaliates by targeting the terrorists, it is called the
      "cycle of violence"-drawing a moral equivalency between civilians and
      terrorists, and dehumanizing civilian victims. Let's not forget how
      the press uses the word "terrorist." If a military action is targeted
      toward civilians anywhere in world, it is "terrorism," but somehow
      when it targets Jewish civilians, it is "militancy," "activism,"
      "freedom fighting," or as The New York Times prefers: "What Israel
      claims is a terrorist act."
      CALL FOR ACTION
      Make no mistake about it-this is a war about much more than land. It
      is being waged by Islamic zealots who corrupt the name of religion to
      spread hate. The anti-Zionist rhetoric is just a front for deep
      anti-Semitism.
      During an appearance at Harvard University, a student stood up and
      asked Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to address himself to the issue of
      Zionism. The question was clearly hostile. King responded, "When
      people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You are talking
      anti-Semitism." (San Francisco Chronicle, January 21, 2002)
      We need to wake up before it's too late.
      Recognize what is going on and take action.
      Write your government; tell them to take
      action against anti-Semitism in your county.
      Take notice of what is being said in the
      media. Write letters about their inaccuracies
      and omissions-not only in letters to the
      editor, but also to their advertisers. Sign up
      to www.honestreporting.com. Visit Israel or
      at least buy Israeli products; support the
      economy of our brethren who are on the front lines. Prior to coming
      to power in Germany, Hitler wrote "Mein Kampf" which outlined many of
      his plans, including a discussion of the "Jewish Problem." His
      horrible goals were laid out in black and white. Despite the
      forewarning, most people had their heads in the sand and were
      surprised when Hitler followed through on his plans. Seventy years
      ago, we did not take Hitler at his word. Will we take today's
      anti-Semites at their word?

      Jeff Dunetz, a 20-year marketing veteran, was the Publisher of
      Nickelodeon Magazine until a series of layoffs this past October. He
      is married and the father of two kids who ask lots of questions about
      being Jewish that he can't answer. Jeff has been active in Jewish
      organizations since his USY days. Presently he is a Member of the
      Board of Trustees of the Dix Hills Jewish Center."
      http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/jewishsociety/Wake_Up_And_Smell_the_
      nti-Semitism.asp

      West Virginia Results 1996
      http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/WVpres.html
      Updated : 11/06/96 President Election Results: West Virginia
      CNN Call: CLINTON wins West
      Virginia
      CLINTON
      (D)
      52%
      324,394

      DOLE ®
      37%
      231,908
      PEROT (I)
      11%
      70,853"
      1992 West Virginia RESULTS
      http://pava.purdue.edu/pol101/Exercises/Ex95/1992_popvote.html
      CLINTON
      (D) 48.4% BUSH (R ) 35.4 % PEROT (I) 15.9%
      OTHER: 0.3%

      Below is from:
      http://mensnewsdaily.com/2006/08/29/plamegate-revelation-liberal-
      silence-deafening/
      Plamegate Revelation: Liberal Silence Deafening
      August 29, 2006Vox Populi, Will Malven
      The silence from the Left is, well, deafening. Come on folks, you
      know of what I am speaking. It's Plamegate of course and the silence
      of which I take note is the complete absence of commentary in the
      Left-wing blogosphere about the revelation that it was Richard
      Armitage, not Karl Rove, not Dick Cheney, not even Lewis "Scooter"
      Libby that was Robert Novak's source for the identity of Valerie
      Plame Wilson.
      The silence in the Liberal blogs is absolutely deafening, Armitage's
      revelation is not addressed at dailyKos.com, not even mentioned at
      democraticunderground.com, nary a word at the Huffington post,
      Wonkette says nothing, Crooksandliars misses the story entirely,
      MyDD has zippo, yep even Buzzflash which purports to supply pretty
      much all the important news for the moonbats failed to mention
      Richard Armitage. Amazing how inconvenient facts seem to be
      swallowed up in the static of repetition Katrina, Katrina, Katrina,
      Lieberman, Lame-ont, Rumsfeld, Katrina, Bush, Brownie, Katrina,
      Floyd, Kat…whoops, did I say Floyd? I'm sorry just a slip. You most
      assuredly won't find any mention of Hurricane Floyd in those Left-
      wing moonbat blogs. It is another "inconvenient fact" and therefore
      to be ignored by the Left.
      The dedication of Liberal bloggers to the truth is less than
      overwhelming; of course you knew that didn't you. Liberals are
      liars. If you don't believe me just watch "Lassie"…err former
      Senator, Presidential Candidate, and Vice-Presidential Candidate
      John Edwards whenever he answers a question about the war. He bats
      his eyes like a Main-Street hooker. Watch Joe "Plagiarizer" Biden
      whenever he answers a question about national security, he appears
      to have suddenly gotten a piece of sand in his eyes, blink-blink-
      blink-blink. In fact the blink reflex is a relatively good indicator
      of a person's veracity. When the individual is telling the truth,
      their eyes blink normally like everyone else, but let them leave the
      realm of fact for the dodgy terrain of untruth and suddenly their
      eyes are all a flutter. I suspect if we were to put all the Liberal
      politicians together in the same room, they would be able to power a
      windmill and reduce the energy requirements of DC. Once you know
      this truth, it can be quite amusing to watch Democrats as they
      struggle with the truth. It's not infallible, but it is useful.
      As for the silence, are you really surprised? The Left has spent
      much of the past few years hounding the Bush Administration about
      the events surrounding the Novak article. Karl Rove was demonized,
      Vice-President Cheney was loudly accused, the President was held up
      to scrutiny for his statement that anyone in his administration
      involved in the outing of a CIA operative "would be taken care of."
      The moonbats of dailyKos and Democraticunderground have openly
      bragged about the imminent demise of either Rove or Cheney on an
      almost daily basis. They have blithely ignored any information that
      would have easily redirected their ire toward those who were more
      likely to have been the "leaker."
      Liberal arrogance (and it is an epidemic among them) is based on
      their ignorance of the facts. Usually that ignorance is by choice.
      They choose to "ignore" the facts with which they are confronted,
      believing instead their own mythology. So now they have been caught
      with their mouths hanging open with nothing to say. Being that
      profoundly wrong will do that to you. All of that hope hanging on
      their delusional faith in a myth which was never based in reality.
      You can expect to see them equally silent in November when all of
      their delusional prognostications of a glorious victory in which
      they (the just and right) seize back power from conservatives (the
      evil and heartless). Of course some of them will immediately revert
      into their delusional state and claim that the Republicans have
      stolen the elections they have long assumed they would win. They
      seem to be incapable of understanding that mere hatred of
      Republicans and President Bush is not a sufficient reason for people
      to vote for them. One must have some clue as to how to run the
      nation and it is becoming increasingly clear that the Democrats
      don't have and will never have a clue.
      So far, every "policy proposal" they have come forward with has been
      a bland accumulation of generalities. They haven't any idea as to
      how to deal with the nation's problems.
      So look for more of these omissions as time progresses. Richard
      Armitage has been a hero of the Left because he was hostile to the
      Bush Administrations plans for Iraq. For him to be revealed as the
      notorious "leaker" of Robert Novak fame is a severe blow to the
      moonbats.
      Hey moonbats: "Armitage is the Leaker!" "Armitage is the
      Leaker!" "Armitage is the Leaker!" Na-na-na-na-na-na! What ya think
      about them apples Markos?
      I tell you I love it. Even Karl Rove couldn't have planned this…
      could he? Hmmm, you never know.
      Posted in Vox Populi, Will Malven at 4:48 pm by Will Malven

      "One of the most influential Nazi spies in the U.S. was Dr. Walter
      Becher, an anti-Communist "refugee leader" from the Hitler regime.
      Becher joined the Nazi Party in December, 1931, and became an editor
      of Die Zeit, a Nazi propaganda sheet in 1937. He was a Brown-Shirt
      for
      a spell and a member of the National Socialist Student Bund. He
      editorialized for the purge of all Jews from state-owned radio in
      Prague. During the war, Becher worked in the Goebbels Propaganda
      Ministry and for the Wehrmacht as a war correspondent. Soon after the
      war, he founded a newspaper in Germany that agitated for the
      restoration of National Socialism. Becher had his advocates in
      Washington, D.C. In 1957, Congressman Usher Burdick inserted one of
      Dr. Becher's propaganda pieces in the Congressional Record, and in
      August 1959, seven more appeared in the pages of the Record. When he
      junketed to the States, conferences were arranged for him by the
      State
      Department. His geopolitical opinions were trumpeted by scores of
      newspapers and the Mutual Broadcasting Network's 600 affiliates. Dr.
      Becher's early contacts in Washington were McCarthy and William
      Jenner
      in the Senate, and a handful of congressmen in the House. T.H. Tetens
      in The New Germany and the Old Nazis, was awed by the Nazi's
      camaraderie with Beltway politicians, and tracked his movements
      through the District of Columbia: "During the early fifties, when he
      first came to Washington, he began to build for himself a formidable
      political machine. His scheme was very simple. If he could obtain the
      support of leading politicians in the United States, his prestige and
      stature would grow enormously at home.... With the help of the
      McCarthy faction in the United States, he could establish a
      nationwide
      reputation as the foremost leader of the anti-Communist crusade."
      Among the senators who sent personal letters of support to Dr. Becher
      in Munich in the 1950s: Albert Gore (father of former Vice President
      Gore), Strom Thurmond, AND Robert Carlyle Byrd .". We hope
      that you will read the excerpts from
      Committee contributions - BYRD, ROBERT C

      below is excerpted from:
      http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-
      vparm314871380aug31,0,7404584,print.story?coll=ny-editorials-
      headlines

      "Armitage all along
      August 31, 2006
      The world now knows who outed CIA operative Valerie Plame. It was
      then-Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage....It would have
      been nice to know the truth before a special counsel was appointed,
      a criminal investigation launched, a grand jury impaneled, a
      reporter jailed a<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)