55Circumcision

  • Sandra Mort
    Mar 4 12:12 PM
      I have a question that I'm not exactly sure how to phrase, so please bear with me. I'm fully aware of all of the arguments *against* circumcision -- I'm NOT asking about that. I need to know what the reasons are that I might want to go ahead and have the bris milah done. Not metaphysical stuff -- I'm not sure I believe in that. More like, "If you don't have a bris, your son will not be permitted to partake in X Y Z" or something like that.

      My 3 year old had a bris with an Orthodox mohel and I'm still kicking myself... but I don't know that I won't kick myself just as hard for skipping it if we have another boy. I just don't know what to do.

      Sandra