50Re: [JewishUC] Warm maternity clothes

  • Lindsey
    Jan 11, 2005

      I don't know what kind of skirts you wear, but if you have a-line style skirts, and
      if it works with your 'style' you might try a petticoat or several under your skirts
      rather than leggings per se. A whole lot of thin material is really warm, and they
      come in warm materials too. I think it creates the same effect as a down jacket-
      traps in air as insulation. Tall socks can help with your ankles- especially the
      warm hiking types.

      I just remembered the belly part... what I did for maternity clothes is buy a-line
      and stretchy skirts at thrift/second hand stores. The a-lines I had to buy every
      couple of months to keep up with my size and I could wear them over the bump. If
      that idea would work for you then the petticoats might as well. There are *plenty*
      of places that sell them online- I found mine at the Goodwill when I was shopping
      for other things, but it is not the warm type. Then again, I live in Texas. :)

      --- Sandra Mort <sandramort@...> wrote:

      > Hello! I was hoping someone here might have an idea for me. I'm having trouble
      > finding thick warm tights to wear under the dresses I've been wearing since moving
      > to Baltimore. I can't find maternity plus size (size 22/24) tights and it's
      > getting COLD. I really would rather not go back to pants for a lot of reasons,
      > least of all because the community doesn't look well upon it... but I'm cold!!!
      > Thank you,
      > Sandra

      Do you Yahoo!?