LOOKING FOR A NAME FOR GERTRUDE

  • Al Hewitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hi, hope someone may be able to help me. I am tracing my wife's family
      which was Jewish. Her ggm came from Austria in 1902. Her first name
      was Gertrude. I have found her in the 1910 Census but cannot locate
      her on any immigration lists and now wondering if her name Gertrude
      could have been Americanized. Can anyone tell me if there would have
      been a Jewish name for Gertrude, if so maybe it would help me get back
      on track.
      Thanks for the help.
    • Vivian Cohen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
        Look for her according to the family name, birthday, age, place, etc.. If
        you found her in a census, you may find her in other sites also. She may
        have remained Gertrude or may have changed her name, impossible to guess to
        which one.

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2007
          hay Viv
          Could be that she came down thru Canada as the Foxxes
          did. check the immagrations for Canada. Quebec that is
          where Dad and grampa worked for Reisners Deli in 1910.
          kap
          --- Vivian Cohen <avmd4@...> wrote:

          > Look for her according to the family name, birthday,
          > age, place, etc.. If
          > you found her in a census, you may find her in other
          > sites also. She may
          > have remained Gertrude or may have changed her name,
          > impossible to guess to
          > which one.
          >
          > _____

          mailto:jewishgenealogy2000-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com