Plzen Stones.

  • Raymond
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      I have posted 2 photos from a recent visit to Plzen, Czech Republic.
      If anybody is wondering what the stones signify, each stone has a name
      on it and date of birth and they represent the Jewish people of Plzen
      killed by the Nazis. If anyone decides to visit Plzen at any time , it
      is very hard to find, but it is under the archway on Smetanovy Sady,in
      the centre.
      The Old Synagogue here is being renovated,I'm not sure though to what
      extent they are renovating it. At the moment the courtyard and stones
      are about all that remains.
      The picture of the Great Synagogue, it is supposed to be the 2nd
      largest in Europe and the 3rd largest in the world,built in 1892.

      Bye,
      Raymond.