Belarus, Zabrezye

  • belshtetl
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      Hello Everyone,

      In Belarus halfway between town of Voloshin and Molodechno there is
      a small village Zabrezye. Before the WW2 Jewish population of this
      shtetl was a little more than 100 people. In the autumn of 1941 all
      of them were burned alive in the barn.
      In 1950s on that place someone was able to put a modest monument.
      Time went on and it turned out that the monument happened to be
      right in the middle of people's gardens. Inscription was made out of
      cement and it fall to pieces, which makes impossible to read. We
      don't know anything about the person who putted that monument.
      We do have enough money to restore it. If anybody has
      pictures of this monument or know the person who designed it please
      contact me.

      Sincerely,
      Yuri Dorn,
      Coordinator of Jewish Heritage Research Group in Belarus.
      belshtetl@...