Skip to search.

KNANAYA - A JEWISH CHRISTIAN ENDOGAMOUS RACE IN SOUTH INDIA

  • Dr.Stephen Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2005
      KNANAYA - A JEWISH CHRISTIAN ENDOGAMOUS RACE IN SOUTH INDIA

      ABOUT 400 JEWISH PEOPLE MIGRATED TO INDIA IN AD-345 AND
      THEY ARE KEEPING ENDOGAMY..
      AND BLOOD PURITY..
      SIMILARITIES IN SONGS..
      CUSTOMS..EVEN IN SHAPE AND COLOUR TO ISRAEL JEWS..
      I DID SOME GENETIC STUDIES USING BLOOD GROUP GENES..
      FOUND THAT THEY ARE GENETICALLY DIFFERENT
      FROM OTHER INDIAN POPULATIONS.

      EXPECTING YOUR COMMENTS

      DR. STEPHEN
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2005
        --- In jewishgenealogy2000@yahoogroups.com, "Dr.Stephen Joseph"
        <drstephen@s...> wrote:
        > KNANAYA - A JEWISH CHRISTIAN ENDOGAMOUS RACE IN SOUTH INDIA
        >
        > ABOUT 400 JEWISH PEOPLE MIGRATED TO INDIA IN AD-345 AND
        > THEY ARE KEEPING ENDOGAMY..
        > AND BLOOD PURITY..
        > SIMILARITIES IN SONGS..
        > CUSTOMS..EVEN IN SHAPE AND COLOUR TO ISRAEL JEWS..
        > I DID SOME GENETIC STUDIES USING BLOOD GROUP GENES..
        > FOUND THAT THEY ARE GENETICALLY DIFFERENT
        > FROM OTHER INDIAN POPULATIONS.

        Did any of them have this HVS1 motif:
        16111T, 16223T, 16235G, 16362C (HVS2 located in a shoebox somewhere)

        Right now, I'm thinking that's a Silk Road motif, but I guess it also
        could be an Indian Jewish motif.